zakstarstriker
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Justin Bieber haters

Mr_Jack_Nixon

zakstarstriker

Con

People hate justin bieber and people want to know why. People say because he can't sing. Is this jealousy, is that really a reason. Having a high voice is a reason to be hated? Haters... test me
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

Hello. It seems you are going Con against Justin haters so that means, of course, that I will be 'hating on him' and just generally trashing him the best I can for the sake of this debate round. So without further ado, this is why Bieber sucks, and why other people should find that he suck to:

1. He is Canadian.

It has been shown throughout time that Americans, by default, dislike it when people of other nationalities come and take the spotlight from Americans. Justin Bieber is a Canadian that has come and stolen the dreams of American boys everywhere. How can we feel safe with our own country's music, if foreigners like bieber keep coming in and destroying everything?

2. He is attacking the Jonas brothers.

For example, the Jonas Brothers were obviously the superior boys in the country before Bieber came along, now Jonas fans everywhere are being put out by Justin's pop "ability". It is disgraceful that millions of girls everywhere have to suffer because of one ignorant boy, and this is just another reason we hate Bieber.

3. His voice is annoying.

This 16 year [influences kids to become gangster.] sounds as if his little young bull rammed him in the no-nos. His voice is always high pitched, talking or singing, and has a habit of being exceptionally annoying.

4. He is destroying America's youth.

His supposed "hip-hop gangster flo" is twisting the minds of young children everywhere to become gangster in nature. Gangsters inherently create violence, oppose education, and lack the desire to accomplish anything ever. If America continues to fall victim to Bieber's "swagger" surely the U.S. is doomed to collapse upon itself.

So now I leave off with that people hate Bieber because he is destroying the pillars America stands on. This one boy threathens everything we are, and everything we stand for. This is why you should vote Pro-- that you don't think Bieber should get to destroy the U.S. Thank you.
zakstarstriker

Con

I will be posted my argument in the same format of my opponent.

1. He is Canadian.

Americans have been okay with other foreigners being big in our country. Many atheletes and musicians are well respected in America. The argument states that Bieber stole the dreams of American boys everywhere. Is that a reasonable argument? This statement implies that only Americans should be famous in America. In this perspective, don't all celebrities steal the dreams of american boys?

2. He is attacking the Jonas Brothers

Justin Bieber has never taken any popularity from the Jonas Brothers. If he had then wouldn't that be the fans responsibility. If the fans decided to like him more than the Jonas Brothers then wouldn't Justin Bieber deserve the attention. Girls suffering is an invalid argument in my opinion. If they would rather listen to the Jonas Brothers then they would listen to them instead.

3. His voice is annoying

I'm going to put this simply since that's what you have obviously done, his first album sold 137000 copies in one week.

4. HE is destroying America's youth.

I want to know how he would destroy the U.S. You said "This one boy threathens everything we are, and everything we stand for." I can name a a hundred people who do that. If you listen to modern American music, Justin Bieber's is extremely mild in comparison. The most inaproppriate thing that he's ever said in a song is "to taste your lip gloss" (First Dance ft. Usher). You act like he's the worst influential characters in america yet our country's heroes have murdered people, raped women, and done drugs. I don't mean to say that we live in a bad country, just that there are several worse things than Biebers alleged "hip-hop gangster flo".
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

I will be following up on the arguments made and, for sake of space, not present any new ones. I will only expand upon ones already presented. Down the flow:

1. He is Canadian.

While I admit that there are many athletes of foreign nature respected in our country, this is not quite so with musicians, and there is a huge difference between both. A sport is a past-time, something we use for entertainment to excite ourselves. But music, is the gateway to the human soul. Through music we find our inner selves, and find what morals and aspects we have. Being one people in one nation, it only makes sense we would try to have the same ideas and thoughts. But these foreign musicians impose THEIR ideas upon us. This is slowly destroying our nation's values. Most would say that it is our values that made us great and keep us great. Without them, we are doomed.

2. He is attacking the Jonas Brothers.

The opponent fails to recognize the fact that one person will often do what his or her friends do. So when one person starts liking Bieber everyone does. This forces millions of young girls everywhere to turn away from the J-Bros and to Bieber, completely unwillingly.

3. His voice is annoying.

Seeing as there are 6,692,030,277 in the world and opponent stated that only 137,000 copies sold in the first week this means that only 1 person bought per every 49,000 people. Obviously a vast majority of people agree his voice is quite irritating.

4. He is destroying America's youth.

The fact that other people are corrupting America does not make Justin Bieber any more in the right. You say he is tasting girls lip-gloss, and act as if this is O.K. So by this standard all pre-pubescent boys and girls are allowed to make out furiously all the time? It also imposes the idea on young women that they need to wear make-up to be appreciated by men. Both of these ideas are extremely wrong and THAT is why people hate Justin Bieber.

I look forward to my opponent's respons
zakstarstriker

Con

Again, I will be using the same format as before.

1. He is Canadian

I find that the case is not so different with athletes than with musicians. Celine Dion, The Beatles, Drake, and Wyclef Jean are few of the foreign singers respected in America. America is a country that is mainly open to foreign singers and this case, him being from a neigboring country is less significant than if he was from a rival country such as North Korea or even Mexico. We, as a country are not as critical to Canadians as Mexicans.

2. He is attacking the Jonas Brothers

The opponent also fails to recognize that people can think for themselves. While peers can cause some influence, people don't download his music unwillingly. I highly doubt that Bieber's 15,000 plus attendance concerts and platinum album are caused by unwilling fans.

3. His voice is annoying

With his newest album, My world 2.0, Justin Bieber became the youngest solo male act to top the billboard chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963. His first album went platinum which means over 1,000,000 people bought it. He also was the first artist to have 2 top fives since 2004. With his second album, he became the second youngest artist to have a number one album. He was beaten out by a 15 year old Miley Cyrus who was promoted by her own T.V. show. This album made the top five in eight different countries. His debut album made the top five in three different countries, including the U.S. Your argument is opinion, but all this is fact.

4. He is destroying Americas youth

First of all, taste your lip gloss is just an expression for kissing, it's no worse than smooching. No where does it imply that "all pre-pubescent boys and girls are allowed to make out furiously all the time". I think that statement is an extreme over-reaction.

Thank you to the viewers and to Mr_Jack_Nixon. I hope this debate has helped open your eyes to this case and that of many other celebrities.

I can't wait for your response and the results.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

This has been the most interesting debate. It was for fun and I made those 'serious-fun' attacks that were extreme over-reactions to small things that might be a stupid reason people don't like him. In reality, this debate was meant to express your opinion about Justin Bieber, and make other people aware that there is no reason to hate him. So now, in closing, I will just basically lay out why people are actually hostile toward him.
As with most problems, this mostly has to do with the human mind and not nescesarilly whatever the person is disliking. People look at Justin Bieber: young, has the looks, has the talent, has the ladies, has the world's eye on him, and they realize that Justin has accomplished everything in their imagination. Then, they look at what he is actually doing, singing, and they find minute imperfections, like country origin and voice, and they begin to think that he has unfairly gained this position of fame he is in, and that he doesn't deserve it. Soon, people begin to associate all sorts of negative things with him, like the declining popularity of other young artists or the decreasing etiquette in America.
Then, in the end, this boy is transformed from an innocent pop-singer, to a 16 year old pre-pubescent high-voiced american hatin' jonas brother killin' dream destroyin' son of a whore. This is not fair, but unfortunately many Americans will do this, and this is exactly why people slander each other. I rest my case.

In terms of voting: Since this was a very different form of debate at the end, I urge you to vote for whoever represented the idea of hating Justin Bieber the best. I urge you to vote for me as I explained the actual ideology and the WHY in regard to people hating Bieber. My partner only presented some accomplishments about Justin, and did not try to explain WHY people hate Bieber. I have done this adequately and this is why you should vote for Pro. Thank you for the debate. Have a nice day.
Posted by Ninja_Tru 6 years ago
Ninja_Tru
I have no opinion of Justin Bieber. This debate was pretty funny, but although it made me laugh, it's hard for me to decide who to vote for. I voted all my points to Pro because I didn't want to see him lose because the Con voted for himself.
Posted by zakstarstriker 6 years ago
zakstarstriker
many people cannot sing yet they are not hated. do you hate him because of him getting false popularity? whether he deserves it or not that it envy and I know that you know it
Posted by dashdustrider 6 years ago
dashdustrider
its funny how people say Justin Bieber is adorable. You call a little kid adorable. Justin Bieber is 16, and he sounds like he had a soccer "accident" or his balls never dropped. People dislike him because they think he can't sing, and is getting false recognition... I don't like him cuz he can't sing.
Posted by TheSkeptic 6 years ago
TheSkeptic
For a pop song, it's quite good (the inclusion of rap, fitting lyrics, catchy melody, etc.). But then again, it's a POP SONG.
Posted by True2GaGa 6 years ago
True2GaGa
He is so great lol
Posted by zakstarstriker 6 years ago
zakstarstriker
thats what the debate is about except I'm a boy and dont 'love' him. I just respect him and will defend him
Posted by zakstarstriker 6 years ago
zakstarstriker
Oh my original case was for Justin bieber and not the haters so i was planning on instigating for jb
Posted by True2GaGa 6 years ago
True2GaGa
OMG. I don't get why people don't like him he's so adorable lol.
Posted by Xer 6 years ago
Xer
Wait, so what's the resolution? And it appears as though the instigator is making a case for Con.
Vote Placed by Marauder 6 years ago
Marauder
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Teleroboxer 6 years ago
Teleroboxer
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Comrade_Ulyanov 6 years ago
Comrade_Ulyanov
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Baseballer2007 6 years ago
Baseballer2007
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by zakstarstriker 6 years ago
zakstarstriker
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Mr_Jack_Nixon 6 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Dandaman09 6 years ago
Dandaman09
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by mcala7 6 years ago
mcala7
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Spaztoid 6 years ago
Spaztoid
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Cmb 6 years ago
Cmb
zakstarstrikerMr_Jack_NixonTied