shlok
Pursuer

Juveniles deserve adult punishment for adult crimes.

Pursuer

shlok

Pro

A very good evening to all the people present and reading this excellent debate here. Now starting with, I would like to begin with that yes Juveniles is in the comprehension of the world itself is anyone below the age of 18. Now when we say adult crimes we are referring to all those horrendous crimes like murdering, raping stealing and sexually assaulting. Now here is a keyword of this debate "deserve". Now when we incorporate deserve in the debate we are condensing ourselves to this very debate as to whether juveniles deserve or do not deserve adult punishment for the sort of adult crimes that they have done. Now as reports have bluntly spoken that juveniles at most can get a punishment of 2 months in the reformation center as the current law supports and after which they have to be freed. Now the question here arises is not whether they are morally sound enough, that they are mature enough as this will be flattened in a short time. At 16 you are allowed to have boyfriends and girlfriends. you are allowed to drink and smoke. you are allowed to play games like call of duty and god of war and then we say that they are not knowing enough to know what a murder is! What killing is ... Isn't it but obvious that Juveniles in today's date deserve adult punishment for adult crimes. We all are aware of the murders that 16 or 17 year old do for getting money. We all are aware of the atrocities committed by them and by putting blinds towards it we are just progressing towards a worse tomorrow. I am sure each and every person reading it today would agree that yes one out of the 7 convicted against the !6th December,2013 victim (Nirbhaya or Damini) was a Juvenile. It is also proved that he was the one who committed the most horrendous act that day inside the moving bus. Thus my question there goes that this person being a juvenile has been acquitted from charges because of being juvenile. Therefore I request each and every person reading this today to cast an affirmative vote for a better tomorrow and not put blinds on the reality.
Pursuer

Con

If you are distinctly separating a juvenile from an adult in the resolution, I fail to see how you could possibly then support the law to see no such distinction.

I am also delighted to find out how you could then regard paedophilia as a crime at all.
shlok

Pro

Thats not my point. The simple point that I am trying to make is whether juveniles who commit adult crimes crimes of the most sinful nature do deserve adult punishment for their acts of omission and commission. The oxymoron nature of the topic that you understand shall be clarified by me.. First off all I am supporting a hypothetical law in which the juveniles who have committed adult crimes shall be bound be to get adult punishments which they DESERVE. Now what you are understanding is that they should be given punishments with adults which is not my point. My point is simply that all these "Adult Crime" com-miters shall be consolidated put together and be in separate cells or jails where they will get adult LIKE punishments but not punishments with adults. Secondly another very important point is that these reformation schemes and programs are of no relevance to the juveniles of such horrendous doings. They are above the bar to be accepted back into the society without have an effective and efficient reformation that in their case can come only through punishments which in today's date are of adults. Therefore here we can conclude as able citizens of the society that "Juveniles Deserve Adult Punishment For Adult Crimes". Thank you all the readers for patiently listening to me.
Pursuer

Con

These crimes which you deem of the most sinful nature are only sinful to the level which you imagine if done by a fully conscious adult who truly understood the wrongness of what they were doing whilst doing it.

It is the same reason as juveniles getting lighter sentences that retards and any sufferer of a mental disorder gets rehabilitated or something alternative to a severe prison sentence since they also were not fully conscious or aware of what they were doing.

In fact, the only reason we have an age of consent for anything other than drugs is that children are less conscious and aware of what they are doing than adults and thus, in a court of law in most nations, it is legally considered impossible for a child to give consent to have sex with someone over 18 and thus it is pedophilia to have sex, however apparently mutual in consent, with a minor.
shlok

Pro

We all must understand that in today's point f time it is but not possible to consider 15-16 year olds to be not knowing the meaning of rapes, murders and assaults. What i am saying is that those handful of juveniles who have committed Adult crimes like the above mentioned do deserve adult punishment. I don't know what your age happens to be but if you get a chance to speak to a juvenile then ask him do you know what a murder means and what an kidnapping or looting means. I think you'll get your answer. Isn't it but obvious that juveniles in today's date are fully conscious of their doings. You say they are "unaware or the wrongness they are doing" is ridiculous. What then you have to say on that 17 year old who brutally raped and killed a girl on 16th December,2012. What about that boy who was the mastermind behind this all act. Isn't he accountable for the misdoings and the conspiracy that was born on his mind. Does he deserve to live like a free bird just because he is a juvenile. Does the suffers pain not hold any significance in front of a juvenile. I think so each and every person reading it today knows the answer to it. Yes that Juvenile who pulled out the intestines of that 22 year old paramedical student with his bare hands is accountable for his act and therefore he deserves life every other juvenile committing adult crimes , adult punishment. I believe that every one of you present here will be in accord with me. Thank you for patiently reading this argument of mine. Thank you again ladies and gentlemen.
Pursuer

Con

The point that I raised, which has been consistently ignored by pro, is that if we were to deem juveniles as capable of understanding the wrongness of their acts as adults then we should equally consider them able to vote, to give consent to sex, to drive and many other things that come with maturity.

It is also good to note that many courts would punish a 15-17 year much more severely than someone 12 or under so there are already different levels of crime punishment, it's just that until one is 18 they are not eligible to be considered an adult in the world of law, which applies to many other laws such as pedophilia in the same way.

The law itself would be hypocritical to punish a juvenile the same as an adult for the same act if then they punish an adult for having sex with a child when the exact same act with an adult would be deemed illegal.
I conclude that, if we are to uphold many laws such as pedophilia and the minimum driving age, as well as the concept of an age of consent altogether, we must equally pardon juveniles for their wrongdoings to a greater extent than we would an adult, who already has much more freedom in what they can legally do rights-wise (such as drive and vote).
Vote Placed by amey 3 years ago
amey
shlokPursuerTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro loses the battle between spelling and grammar.Overall the debate is very good.
Vote Placed by ClassicRobert 3 years ago
ClassicRobert
shlokPursuerTied
Reasons for voting decision: S/G goes to Pursuer because I noticed less errors and he was in general more coherent. Neither side gets arguments, because neither side provided proof for their claims, they simply stated them as fact.