LulzCAtz
Kove_Ducote

K&M is better than controllers

Started: 11/25/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

LulzCAtz

Con

I do not think that K&M is better for FPS.
Kove_Ducote

Pro

I believe that K&M is better for FPS gaming and will argue said belief against my opponent's.
LulzCAtz

Con

It's a myth. Sure it's an advantage BUT everyone else has that advantage, so it's not an advantage anymore. Not to mention that 90% of the PC community are neckbeards and if you don't have a $250 mouse you'll be destroyed. I'd rather have the controller since everyone I'm playing with has that controller and don't have an advantage over me, so it's pure skill.
Kove_Ducote

Pro

Your argument fell apart at the moment that you admitted to K&M being an advantage. A mouse gives you easy control over every single plane while you aim, and a keyboard allows for you to press any button without a major shift in aim or hand position. A keyboard and mouse player will beat a controller player of the same skill level, and you have admitted to that yourself.
LulzCAtz

Con

You made your argument fall apart when you admitted that a person with the same skill level will dominate a person that doesn't have a mouse that is as good as yours, on console everyone has the same hardware and no one has an unfair advantage over another. That's my point, PC gaming usually falls on to who has the best hardware, not who has the most skill. Something that a console provides.
Kove_Ducote

Pro

That's not true. I have gone from a Logitech M315 to a Razer Deathadder Elite and have noticed only a difference in ergonomics. As long as you have 60FPS+, it's all skill. On the flip side, console has too many factors such as aim assists for controllers to be taken seriously.

Now, let's go back to my argument which is actually tackling the focus of the debate; a keyboard and mouse setup gives you much more control during FPS gameplay than a controller does. You haven't tried to dispute that.
Posted by Kove_Ducote 4 days ago
Kove_Ducote
>Con concedes
>Tie

:/
Posted by Vaarka 4 days ago
Vaarka
The point of this debate for con was that "M+K is not better than a controller". All he did, however, was just show his preference for using a controller, all while admitting that using a mouse and keyboard are "to the advantage", which basically means M+K is better...

Besides, it's not about components really. Sure, components can help enhance performance, but as long as you don't have a $5 mouse and a keyboard from twenty years ago, it's still fair. It's all preference, anyway. If you have *actual skill*, then having bad components is simply a nuisance and having good components is simply a convenience.
Vote Placed by distraff 6 days ago
distraff
LulzCAtzKove_DucoteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately "better" wasn't properly defined. Con admitted Pro's argument that k&m are more precise and better. Con argued that really expensive mice are better making it about hardware rather than skill while consoles are the same. Pro argued that different mice are actually not much different especially in higher levels, but this was more of an example rather than a real proof and Con didn't have a chance to respond. So k&m wins on advantage and console wins on fairness. When someone asks what is better for first person shooters I usually think of what is better for me to use to play the game to win, rather than what is better for me to use to fair to other people. But it could be interpreted to mean what is better for the games as a whole and fairness is good for games. So I can't give the win to anyone.