FllippR
Sonofcharl

Karl Marx' Marxism is different than Stalin's Communism

FllippR

FllippR

Pro

Karl Marx's political view is very different from the communism of Stalin.
Sonofcharl

Con

Hi FllippR.

Your statement is an obvious ism.

It is like saying, chalk is different to cheese.

Making this an impossible argument.

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see what a 14 year old has to say about this subject.
FllippR

Pro

I agree with you highly, but there are more people who is confused, does not know and cannot distinguish the difference.
Everyone I meet has said that they think that Stalin's ideology is based on Karl Marx's, hence his close relations to Lenin, a close friend of Marx.
Sonofcharl

Con

Karl Marx was a thinker, not a doer.

In theory he was a proponent of socialism. But in reality he was very much accepting of capitalism and very much a part of the 19th century European class system.

I'm sure Marx would have been dismayed by the social turmoil created in Russia and the Soviet Union, under both Leninist and Stalinist regimes.

It's very easy to prefix Stalin's philosophical and political ideologies with the word Marxism. But I think very unfair and disrespectful to Marx, to do so.

As I hope you will agree. In reality there was no correlation between Marxist philosophy and the Orwellian chaos into which Stalinist society declined.
FllippR

Pro

No, Karl Marx despised capitalism, but he did not hate the men on top of its chain. He understood that they are the result of pressure from capitalism.
Sonofcharl

Con

I definitely wouldn't agree with your assertion that Marx despised capitalism.

I would reiterate my previous point that Marx was only a theoretical socialist. Some might say a bourgeois socialist or some might even say a hypocrite. He was a well educated middle class scholar and married into upper class society.

Stalin was the clever one who despised. Born into a poor working class society of bourgeois oppression. Maybe as a young man inspired by Marx's intellect and ideology, but ultimately driven by his loathing of those he was subordinate to.

In reality Marx's and Stalin's political points of view, were merely conceptual smokescreens hiding the truth that drove their personal ambitions.

And their personal ambitions could not have been more markedly different.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
This is a truism
Vote Placed by Mharman 1 year ago
Mharman
FllippRSonofcharlTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was supposed to argue that Marx's and Stalin's ideals were the same, but he argued that they were different.
Vote Placed by Plexon_Warrior 1 year ago
Plexon_Warrior
FllippRSonofcharlTied
Reasons for voting decision: I still agree that Karl Marx had a very different view on communism than Joseph Stalin, Sonofcharl presented a much more convincing argument. I would have liked to see him point out that there has never actually been the installment of a true communist system, but he presented his argument very well.
Vote Placed by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
FllippRSonofcharlTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with FlrippR before the debate, and also agreed with him afterwards. Sonofcharl did not even argue against the MAIN POINT, he actually agreed with the Pro. Instead he was trying argue whether Karl Marx was pro-capitalism or not. It's related to the topic, but he failed to argue the main point. Conduct and sources are tied, and but Con had a few incomplete sentences in there. Con did have some convincing arguments, however they were not about the debate topic.