Mockery
Sarabloom

Katniss is a better role model than Bella Swan

Mockery

Pro

First round is acceptance.
Sarabloom

Con

For us to say that Katniss is a better role model than Bella Swan, it's the same to say that one is more Beautiful than the other. But we cant' say that because the the concepts of beauty are relative. What a person sees has beautiful, another person can see as ugly. So we cant' say that Katniss is a better role model than Bella Swan.
Mockery

Pro

That is true, conceptions of beauty are relative but I think it's pretty clear who is the better role model. A role model teaches people what to strive for and what to be like.

I'm just going to come out and say it: Bella Swan is boring. She has the personality of a rock. That only that but she doesn't seem that bright either. She just willing goes with whatever her extremely old and weird vampire boyfriend wants. She never seems to question him nor does she ever really think for herself. That and her whole motivation seems to be centered around a man. That concept of thinking is dry, outdated and in a way somewhat sexist.

The reason Katniss is a better choice is because she is real. Okay, not everyone has great fighting skills but she is more real because she shows real emotion and goes through real loss. She has to suffer constantly and not only that but she also is constantly thinking of others. She has her selfish moments sure but she mostly thinks about her family, Peeta, Gale and others. A true hero and role model is someone who puts their needs before the needs of other. Honestly, I can't think of one time that Bella gave up anything or did something worthy of mention.

Well, she got her uterus ripped open. I guess that is worth a mention but you see what I mean.

Your turn.
Sarabloom

Con

You are putting arguments related with the films, and theyre personas. So the guilt of Bella Swan, be a vampire and "she just willing goes with whatever her extremely old and weird vampire boyfriend wants" is on Stephenie Meyer (the author of twilligth), and those arguments doesnt' have nothing to do with her modeling.
We can say that katniss (jennifer lawrence) is a good role model? Yes, because she takes good pictures and has Kristen stewart, she expresse her self, at the pictures.

You're turn
Mockery

Pro

I'm not talking about the actors. I am talking about the CHARACTERS.

If you read the books, it's easy to see that Katniss is the stronger and better character. She is smart, strong and brave but she has her flaws. She shows rage, fear and sadness. We feel heartbreak when she does and we want her to succeed because she is fighting for the people that she loves.

Bella on the other hand is nothing more than a plot device. Things happen around her, things don't happen to her. She just lets things unfold and she never tries to change their outcome. Not only that but I feel like she gives girls the wrong message. She sends out this message to be weak, to wait for a man and then everything will be perfect. We all know that isn't true and that isn't how the world works.

Another thing is the relationships the characters have. Katniss loves her family as well as Gale and Peeta. We ven see her conflict between two loves and we watch her struggle. You can say Bella has two loves but that is really true because she never once returned Jacob's feelings. In fact, in some ways you could say she sort of used him and then threw him away when Edward came back. Bella doesn't teach girls how to treat those around you with love, she teaches them that boys are tools almost. It's really sad.

Your turn.
Sarabloom

Con

When you say that when we feel what katniss feels also depends from person to person. Obviously we can not compare the stories or compare the writing and imagination of the great and fantastic two authors of each book. The Book of The Hunger Games off course, as well as books Twilligth and like all books, they have one or more messages to be transmitted. But we can not compare the two stories, because they are different in many ways. We could perhaps compare if it were two stories of vampires, for example, what is the best? which one best portrays vampires? Then yes we could compare.
Mockery

Pro

I'll end with saying this.

When I have a girl, I want her to say, "I wanna dress up as Katniss for Halloween." I look up to Katniss. Yes, she isn't real but she is a character that I can aspire too. She is someone who isn't afraid to cry but she knows when to cry and when not to. She is not only brave but she is smart, kind and loving. She is a character that will remain for years and years. I sadly don't think Bella will stand the test of time.
Sarabloom

Con

Ok that's you're opinion abouth her, and abouth the caracter. But when you say that one is better role model than the other, that depends. Katniss is brave and protects her family, but Bella is also brave and she follows her heart. And also there are many people who loves twilligth, and at halloween likes to dres like Bella.

:)