LuckyGoHappy
Corm_onthe_Cob

Keeping wild animals as pets is WRONG.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

LuckyGoHappy

Pro

Keeping "exotic" pets is incredibly wrong. It took thousands of years to tame dogs, cats, guinea pigs and various animals. Taming should be left to experts. Many children have been killed due to this. The animals often fall in to the hands of people who have no idea how to care for them, one cougar cub was once confiscated from a teenager, it's legs were deformed due to lack of calcium in it's diet. You do not NEED them as guard animals, just get a dog or burglar alarm. If you really loved animals, you'd leave them in the wild where they belong. Wild animals are less inclined to attack people than hand reared. Lots of hand reared animals are not even aware what species they are! It's simply cruel and unfair on the creatures. Would YOU like to be taken away from your home and family to be kept as a pet? I think not! (If you seriously wouldn't mind that I believe you have some issues which need fixing). I just hope that soon people will see that it's completely wrong and unethical. Taking them from a breeder is WRONG and likely illegal, you're likely not allowing them to know what animal they are, such confusion can cause them to attack. Taking from the wild is even worse. Taking a creature who did nothing to you and in to your home is so wrong beyond belief. You just saw a creature and thought "that'd look nice in my house" and took it. Many wild pets commit suicide via starving themselves or just decide to stop breathing. Would anyone sane want to do that? I hope not.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

I honestly don't know what world you are from, but my Pokemon are very well behaved and they all came from the wild except for one! None of them have any sort of Identity issues, I know this because they say their name when I talk to them! If you have legitimate proof that there are vicious Pokemon that aren't controlled by Team Rocket, I would like to get the link to THAT article. To counter your comment about leaving your home and family, I DID do that, and now I am a legend in the Kanto region, as well as the Hoenn region! I do not take Pokemon from the wild willy nilly like some of the jerks out there (*Cough* *Cough* Gary Oak). When I encounter a Pokemon in the wild, I like to take a walk in it's shoes for a while, and see how it lives and to really connect with the Pokemon on a spiritual level. If we connect as much as I have with my other Pokes, I usually ask it politely if it wants to come oj my journey with me. So what is the big deal with that???

fin.
LuckyGoHappy

Pro

LuckyGoHappy forfeited this round.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

Corm_onthe_Cob forfeited this round.
LuckyGoHappy

Pro

LuckyGoHappy forfeited this round.
Corm_onthe_Cob

Con

Corm_onthe_Cob forfeited this round.