Kendrick Lamar: Best MC Currently?

Started: 4/8/2015 Category: Music

One subject I think strongly about is rap. I always hear these ignoramuses talk about who the best MC rapper is. I hear comments like; "Eminem", "Kanye West", "Rae Sremmurd", etc. One thing I can't stand most is when people thing Kendrick Lamar is trash. I feel as if people who know nothing about good rap undermine the rappers who are making a comeback for rap. Even after all this trash music is being released. Rappers like; Big KRIT, Isaiah Rashad, Vic Mensa,, etc. are shaping the game. I do think Kendrick Lamar is the best current MC because Good Kid, M.A.A.D City was amazing and his new release 'To Pimp A Butterfly' is amazing. It features real subjects that create amazing music. I'd like to know who y'all think is the best MC rapper right now. And give me feedback as to why you don't think King Kendrick is
(if you disagree).

Hunny I don't think you know about Rap music.

I can name you 5 rappers who are a better lyricist the Kendrick.

But you need to explain further for example debate on...
Best lyricist?
Best commercial success/songs?
Best gangsta rap or best trap music or best street music?
Best album?
Alive or dead?

I can name you two rappers who are better than Kendrick at the moment.
Which are Styles P and Papoose.

First of all, have you even heard Kendrick's new album? And yes, the best lyricist currently. Also, honey, I don't think you know how to spell. Kendrick Lamar is by far the best MC right now. He's a political rapper who doesn't get old. His wording is so meaningful unlike actual trash rappers. I mean, I could name 5 more rappers who are better than Kendrick Lamar. But currently is on top.

Let me start off by stating, To Pimp A Butterfly is amazing and so well executed. If you haven't listened to it and if you don't get the moral behind the whole thing, well analyze it better. I thought it was truly clever how Lamar added every part of Moral Man in every song. And you are probably thinking I only like Moral Man because Tupac was in it but, that's not the concept. The fact that it was converted into Moral Man was brilliant!

Although I do admit some of his songs don't show his best work, the way you perceive the album is the way you convert your thoughts on who the best MC is. Not to mention, Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City was remarkable. Poetic Justic, Compton, Backseat Freestyle, Money Trees (<3), etc. they were all great. The way he developes his music and flow is just great! I'm kinda in a rush. Bye! (Tell me if I spelled something wrong please)

First of all I actually love Kendricks new album. I have it !
My favorite track is blacker the berry, that shiz is hard!

I have the album in my car and it is really good.

I never said I don't like Kendrick, I like him and I love black hippy.

I like all these young boys doing there thing and making unique real hip hop songs.
Joey badass, fred the godson, j cole etc
Not these strip club joints all the time.

Good point about the spelling lol I'm at work so I'm writing this as quick as I can.

He is definitely in the top 5 doing it right now. However I don't agree with you that Kendrick is the best MC.
He is very clever and his barz are awesome! However I don't think his flow and delivery is that great and I dont really like his voice.
But all this is opinion based and down to each individual.

I'm glad you as a young girl are into him to be honest and don't listen to crap. You appreciate the music and lyrics!

I actually used to be a MC and have performed on stage with chipmonk, ndubz , Kano.

However I argue that Eminem is the best MC alive right now. He is better than Kendrick Lamar.
He might not have as much as a buzz right now compared to Kendrick but he is the better lyricist.

To be honest I prefer schoolboy Q and Jay rock to Kendrick.

I don't care about your spelling, I'm not that anal to pick up on it.

Talk soon.

Eminem isn't even in the top 10. He used to be good when Stan and other songs came out but now he produces trash to entertain modern day society. I feel as if he music used to be true to him and although Rap God had a nice flow, he doesn't rap about anything important and I perceive it as screaming into a mic and adding a bass to the back.

Kendrick Lamar is the best MC right now because he kept everyone waiting. What I mean by that is, release Good Kid, m.A.A.d City in 2012. That album was probably the best album he came out with, like I had previously stated. But after 3 years of waiting, he finally released To Pimp A Butterfly which is amazing. He is currently the best MC because of what he dropped. Even if Eminem is decent, his last album was released in 2014. Which won't draw any attention to modern day society unless there are die hard fans that have stayed loyal to him all this time.

I do agree Eminem is a good MC, but not the best. Although Eminem has produced more albums than Kendrick, he's just not on top. Unlike Eminem, Kendrick Lamar continues to stay true to himself and is on the right path. And Eminem on the other hand, come on, he didn't hesitate to release Detroit vs. Everbody. Plus, Eminem went mainstream. I think that's what hit him hard. All mainstream rappers produce mediocre music. Take Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne, Nicki Minaj, etc. Once they went mainstream they had to adapt to the appealing music. Like Bobby Shmurda, he is one of the worst rappers ever and people find him to be a legend and same goes for Iggy. If Eminem jsut kept with it, I'm sure he would be great. Childish Gambino and Chance are the only acceptions, they are truly remarkable.

VendettaUK forfeited this round.
Posted by m4j0rkus4n4g1 1 year ago
Could you give me an operational definition of what it means to you to be "the best"? I am not going to be able to debate for or against a rapper if I do not know what criteria are being used to judge. Please provide and I will consider.