Kentucky Wildcats will win the ncaa titile next year

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 4/29/2011 Category: Sports

on paper kentucky wildcats are the second best team in the nation and would have been number one on AP preseason poll but being that harrison barnes deciding to return but kentucky is not only my favorite team but have a great cast of recruits coming in as you have probably heard. number one PF in the nation Anthony Davis, the number one small forward in the nation michael gilchrist, and after that the number one point guard Marquis Teague so losing Knight and Jones really isnt much of a loss being that jone started slumping late in the season the big blow will be losing knight but they are to me the best team out there next season

Good luck to my opponent

I thank The Great Debator for starting this debate. First off:

Yes. The Kentucky Wildcats have a great cast of recruits, and some of the nation's best players. Let's go back in time to the Celtics. Sure, they have Rajon Rondo, a great basketball player, along with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. They're some of the nation's best players, but they simply did not have energy to beat the Nets. Would you also simply on which part of the Kentucky Wildcats? I'm sorry, but I don't actually pay attention to sports. The Kentucky Wildcats have baseball, football, basketball, etc. Anyway, I assume that you're talking about basketball, so here goes:

Okay. Tying in back to the Celtics example, the Kentucky Wildcats, even if they have some of the best players in the nation, can be defeated easily by one of the possible reasons: fouls, stupid mistakes, not enough rest, or they just have fun with the ball instead of shooting it into the basket when they are ahead by ten points or so. Many people say that the Nets aren't really a powerful team, and many people say that the Celtics will destroy everyone but the Lakers again. Wrong. You see, the Kentucky Wildcats CAN lose by these possible reasons. Farmer, who some people say that he's not so good, shoots SOME points for the Lakers team. It doesn't really matter about skill, it just takes a good dose of luck to shoot a three pointer or a free throw.

Going back to his point about Knight and Jones, you can tell that the Kentucky Wildcats puts the weight on the best players. Therefore, the weaker players will not be able to improve their skills in basketball. If they did recieve at least some balls, they would improve and later become one of the best players in the team, or maybe even the MVP.

==> In Conclusion, the Kentucky Wildcats may not win the NCAA title next year.

I thank my opponent. Good luck!

Thank you for excepting my debate. For some reason you keep referring back to the NBA and the Celtics wich has almost nothing to do with kentucky basketball except for rondo and i really dont get the comparison between the Celtics and the Nets just beacuse to me they really dont discrbe kentucky's basketball program at all. Also stating back to what you said in round one they will lose im never said they will not lose buti think by the time the tournament comes around they will know there role and when to get certain players involeved and when ane where to shoot it and with a great cast of recruits most of th weaker players will probably not play that much in game thank you for you'r non-convencing arguments because to me what you said with the exception of the last paragraph had almost nothing to do with the kentucky basketball program

ethopia619 forfeited this round.

ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR forfeited this round.

ethopia619 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)