Kevin Bacom would make an excellent Muhammad

Ok, so here's the scoop:

Sooner or later, Hollywood is going to make a Muhammad movie. It's going to happen. The question is who are they going to get to play Muhammad?

I've thought long and hard over this issue, and here is my conclusion:

Kevin Bacon.

He, indisputably, would make the perfect Muhammad. Like, in every way, he's perfect for the job. I think this is obvious to most people, but I'm open to hear some criticisms of it. No other actor holds even a candle to him. Not even close.

The burden of proof is on the Con to show that Kevin Bacon isn't up to the job. And not only that, but they've got to point to an actor who would do better.

You can rebut in round one. Final round is for closing statements.

If you think you lost, CONCEDE. Don't be a coward and forfeit.

Challenge accepted. I will honor my opponent by giving him the opportunity to post the first argument.

Thank you for accepting this debate.

Ok, here's my points:

1. Age = Kevin Bacon is, right now, aged to perfection to play the role of the Prophet Muhammad during Muhammad's pivotal years.

2. Complexion = He's got the right about of wrinkle texture which mimicks the skin corrosion of Arabian sand-winds and Sun, yet it is not so weathered as to make him seem too old or corroded. His skin strikes the right balance of outer chaos with inner glow, mirroring the martial/mystic/romantic aspects of Muhammad's life. The only other actor who comes close to this in terms of skin tone is Mark Wahlberg, but Mark is much too young and muscular to play Muhammad.

3. Nose = he has a sincere nose, with the nostrils turned outward rather than downward, as if to say, "Come to me, and hear this message I have to say." Very few people have this nasal structure and, when considering actors to play Muhammad, we should keep this in mind. I know a lot of people don't think the direction that nostrils point in is all that important, but, seriously, when is the last time you saw a nose like Kevin Bacon's? The only one I can think of is that one Dixie Chick (the short one who looks like she bosses the other two around).

4. Eyes = his eyes are at once intimidating, soulful, heroic and sad. Need I say more? Didn't think so. Clearly my opponent must concede this point if he has any integrity.

5. Acting ability = This is where it gets tricky. I've distilled the different elements and aspects of Muhammad's prophetic career and broken them down into Kevin Bacon films.

a. Speaking truth to power, fighting against the norm: Footloose (1984, staring Kevin Bacon)
b. Stalwart military commander and general: Tremors (1990, staring Kevin Bacon)
c. Desire to take women captive: Trapped (2002, staring Kevin Bacon)
d. Transformation from mild-mannered carpet salesman to founder of world religion: Death Sentence (2007, staring Kevin Bacon)
e. Basic kindliness and good-humor: The Air Up There (1994, staring Kevin Bacon)
f. Ability to perceive supernatural realities: Stir of Echoes (1999, staring Kevin Bacon)
g. Ability to hold up under pressure and trying circumstances: Apollo 13 (1995, staring Tom Hanks)
h. Ruthless handling of enemies and dissidents: Hollow Man (2000, Staring Elisabeth Shue)
i. Irresistability to all women: Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011, Staring Ryan Gosling)
j. Total conman: Telling Lies in America (1997, 'Billy Magic' played by Kevin Bacon)

There's some more movies I can bring up, but I think I made my point. Clearly, Kevin Bacon has all that it takes to play the part. He's good guy, bad guy, poet, warrior, ladies man, mystic, etc. all rolled into one, just like the Muhammad.

Someone brought up Liam Neeson in the comment section, but there's no way in heck they could get into Neeson's filmography and pull out such versatility as I have here. Trust me, I've thought this through way harder than you folks realize.

The Con certainly has their work cut out for them now. Not only must they overpower my Samurai-esque logical swordsmanship, but they've also got to present an actor who would do better than Kevin Bacon as Muhammad, as I stated in my opening arguments.

Making a movie about a religious person is not bad but if it is about any prophet I should say that no one should be chosen to represent that prophet, specially if it is a movie about prophet Mohamed (PBUH). As for Kevin Bacon I should say that he is one of the best actors of all time but even he is not eligible to act as prophet Mohamed. My belief is that no one can ever act as any prophet.

About the points you stated prophet Mohamed is not ruthless in handling his enemies, does not want to take women as captives and is not irresistible to women. First you should study about his lifetime so that you have appropriate knowledge about him and than think of making a movie about him.

Ok, but check this out:

Let's say you HAD to choose an actor. It would have to be Kevin Bacon, right?

Or, at the very least, you've got to say that there's no one could do the role more justice. I totally understand your religious beliefs about not depicting him, but, seriously, if someone had to be Muhammad, it's got to be the Kevster.

The comment section is totally on my side on this one, except for that guy who brought up Liam Neeson. I don't know where people get off saying Liam Neeson would be a better Muhammad than Kevin Bacon, but that sort of thing is really uncalled for and needs to stop. Be the change you want to see in the world is what I believe in. And that's why I got to go with Kevin Bacon.

Also, Kevin Bacon would be a great Confucius, the famous Chinese sage and founder of Confucianism. Imagine my man, Kevin Baconator, saying lines like these:

"With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow;-I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness, are to me as a floating cloud."

Aiham forfeited this round.

Since my opponent forfeited, I clearly win.

As winner, I will wear my crown with honor, pride, and humility.

Let us listen to my victory song, and play it loud:

Congratulations, I am honored to have my first debate with you. I think you will have a bright future in the The reason why I forfeited the previous round was that I did not have internet connections at that time. Hereby I declare you as the winner of this debate. Thank you.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
Jeff Goldblum hasn't done any good work since Independence Day, and he always plays the same character. He is the Jason Statham of Jewish stereotypes.

KudiyaShudiya, you are clearly infatuated with Jeff Goldblum. I suggest your obsession is unhealthy --- I suggest Paxil is right for you.

Do not judge me for mistpelling it "Bacom". The M is very near to the N key, and my fingers are very fat from winning too many debates and not bench pressing enough iron.

Besides, you mispelled "plausibility". You must be also have fat fingers. Quit judging the world for your problems and get a job.
Posted by KudiyaShudiya 2 years ago
Kevin Bacon would not make a good Muhammad as Jeff Goldblum is definitely the true Muhammad. These are the reasons why.
Your Credibility:
You are obviously not credible enough to say Kevin Bacon is a true Muhammad as you can't even spell his name "Kevin Bacom", this means you do not have the relevant expertise to even comment on who would be the great Muhammad in a Hollywood movie.
You also obviously don't know that Muslims can't even eat Bacon and you want to insult them by allowing bacon to be related. This obviously means you have a bad reputation.
My Credibility:
I am totally credible because I have a vested interest to tell the truth as I am actually working on this movie right now as a true muslim, so I obviously want the best for Muhammad.
Jeff Goldblum is obviously better for the role because his sexiness is unmatchable just like Muhammads. So this means that he is the best, if you need any more information, just google Jeff Goldblum hot on google to see great pictures and then your mind will be changed.
Posted by Mr.Chorlton 2 years ago
A nice opening argument by pro lol
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
Liam Neeson.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
I'm going to win this debate. I can feel it.
Posted by Emilrose 2 years ago
You mean "prophet" Muhammed? For obvious reasons you'd need a Middle Eastern actor, and one who actually fits the character.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
Well, it's true that some actors or actresses are simply too good for the movie they're in. Robert Duval has been in some stinkers, but he's always great. Sigourney Weaver, too. I won't unveil my reasons until the debate gets going, but I'm fairly confident I'm going to win this one.
Posted by KingAtheist 2 years ago
We can both agree that Kevin Bacon is an excellent actor.

The problem is that he is TOO GOOD for that role.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
I think of myself as a student of all religions. They're like different pieces of the puzzle.

Family is mainly Lutherans and Nazarenes, though. I got a cousin who is Salvation Army. I had to do community service at Salvation Army one time and they tried to convert me but I kind of felt they were enabling all the homeless people, drunks and junkies and I didn't really like that.
Posted by KingAtheist 2 years ago
What are your religious beliefs?
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff, con concedes