Mj2B004
jakeBatosn96

Kids Should Get Allowences.

Mj2B004

Con

I think that kids should NOT get allowances. Kids deserve it, but, they should learn to work for their money. As adults, our parents have to work for their money. We should too.
jakeBatosn96

Pro

Being well aware of this topic. I do think kids should get allowances, simply because they do have to work for them a majority of the time. I can't remember a single time when my parents just handed me money. I had to work for it every single time. SO that just makes your part of your argument irrelevant when you say "They wouldn't have to work for it." That is not a true statement and is therefor false. I think that they should get allowances based upon whether their parents think they deserve it or not.
Mj2B004

Con

If you get a weekly allowance, you better be working. Kids don't deserve to get paid for doing nothing.
jakeBatosn96

Pro

jakeBatosn96 forfeited this round.
Mj2B004

Con

Mj2B004 forfeited this round.
jakeBatosn96

Pro

jakeBatosn96 forfeited this round.
Mj2B004

Con

Mj2B004 forfeited this round.
jakeBatosn96

Pro

jakeBatosn96 forfeited this round.
Mj2B004

Con

Mj2B004 forfeited this round.
jakeBatosn96

Pro

jakeBatosn96 forfeited this round.
Posted by CooCooClockofDoom 2 years ago
CooCooClockofDoom
If the debate was phrased "should kids earn a commision" then the answer would be yes. Since "allowance" is the term used, then the answer is no.
Posted by CooCooClockofDoom 2 years ago
CooCooClockofDoom
First of all, an "allowance" is a sum of money given to someone who has indeed not done anything to earn this. A commission is money that is earned by doing work, which differs greatly from an allowance. If you are giving money to your children after they have done work, such as chores, then they are earning a commission rather than an allowance. To sum this all up: Commission is earned, allowance is given. Quoting Dave Ramsey, "In the real world, if you don't work you don't eat. You won't have money to do other things like go to the movies or buy clothes. Learning the values of hard and doing a job well is a very important lesson all kids should learn, and all parents should teach this to their children."
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
You do understand allowances are mostly given when kids do chores, which is work.