alex_99
HadiHemmat

Kids Should Only Play Games That Are Suitable For Their Age

alex_99
Started: 7/18/2014 Category: Games

alex_99

Pro

Kids should really not be allowed to play videos games that are not suitable for their age. Now let me explain why. Kids before the age of technology were outside playing outdoor games with friends and family. But now most kids are on their consoles playing videos games and most of them shouldn't be playing the games out there. Let's take the franchise "Call of Duty". Now from my past experience playing this game I have seen a lot of things that were inappropriate, disrespectful and sometimes racist. Most of them came from little kids between the age of 10-13. I found this very disappointing to see how many parents are unaware of the age restrictions on these video games. There's G,M,MA15+,R18+ and so on. How many kids do you think that are between the ages of 10-13 are playing videos games that are rated MA15+? Possibly 90% of them do! This is the problem that we must raise awareness to parents. The things I hear when I play are disgusting. ( Yes I do play every now and then) The biggest problem that most would agree to is the mixture of ages. Some are 10-13 or 15-18 or 20+. The problems arise when the older people act immature around the little kids when they play. Swearing, disrespect, bad behavior. The little ones learn from them thus spreading it around like a disease. Also the violence in games can stimulate the kids mind, having them think of more killing and whatnot. We must add more restrictions to what certain age groups can play. Greatly improve the restrictions of what the younger kids watch and play. So please I beg of you to raise the awareness of the situation. Thank You.
HadiHemmat

Con

I agree that it contributes to bad behavior and disrespect especially in younger children, but its only a minor factor in the problems of children growing up today. Society is just completely unaware of so many of these factors, to name a few, in the education system, I believe all literature we were reading in school was terrible and lazy. I read literature that is pretty much a brain exercise, whereas in school it is just literature that teaches lessons that are better learned when the kids have those experiences themselves in any similar way to learn and grow themselves. Then there is lazy parenting, which includes not spending enough time teaching them real human values like caring for animals, growing their own food, caring for people who are hurt or hungry. Also making sure their children are given healthy food to eat instead of introducing them to junk food or fast food which really messes with brain chemistry and the ability for children to think about think more clearly at a deeper level. Basically what I am saying is when there are so many problems with society and how the average kid grows up, a simple video game restriction will NOT change anything...America needs a dramatic change in their quality of life, most are selfish, arrogant, cocky, money loving fools that they just get lazy when it comes to important things like raising their children for them to become great, not just average.
alex_99

Pro

I can see where your coming from but what about the effects. It's not always bad parenting but with video games certain things happen that cause problem when it comes to under aged kids playing video games that are inappropriate for their age. They put age restrictions on these games for a reason. Games are fine to play as long as it is in your age selection. The older people are supposed to be responsible when playing with these kids but if they can't and just letting these kids learn bad thing from these older people is not acceptable. Addiction also can be a big factor as it does cause school grades to drop, lacking social skills or avoiding socializing with other people. But all of those factors also play in the social stage. Younger kids are cocky and arrogant. But they aren't born with it. They learn from older people and that's were games that are not right for their age comes in. I'm not stopping games forever, I'm just trying to reduce the problems that is caused with younger people and when they have to go through the stage of becoming a adult. Of course all there are lots of other factors that contribute to these similar problems but it's not getting any better. Something needs to change or it will become a bigger problem overtime.
HadiHemmat

Con

Those very same parents that go out and buy the consoles and all the games, are those parents that get lazy at parenting, they want the kids to indulge themselves in the game instead of spending time with them. I get that a lot of parents are very busy these days, but money isn't important when you sacrifice core family values. And yes, plenty bad behaviors from children adopts from their elders and it is sad to say that most of it is from their parents. Most would bring up the excuse that nobody is perfect, but that is just a lazy response. So I'm not sure if you're trying to get parents to understand about reading age restrictions and basically NOT buying games that are not within age restrictions or are you just trying to raise awareness? Either way my point is, there are plenty problems and the best you can do i guess is figure out all those problems and raise awareness about everything instead of blaming just one thing. America is headed in the wrong direction and plenty people know that but there are also plenty people that just go along with it because they just dont want to commit to a better america.
alex_99

Pro

alex_99 forfeited this round.
HadiHemmat

Con

HadiHemmat forfeited this round.
Posted by TedTheAtheist 2 years ago
TedTheAtheist
There are TONS of assertions about the supposed "damage" it does to kids - but no science/evidence to back them up! Yes! Let's create a debate topic based purely on opinion! Yay! *smack*
Posted by TedTheAtheist 2 years ago
TedTheAtheist
This is a stupid assertion.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume that kids will somehow become damaged if they play games that are deemed "not for them".
Who makes that determination, anyhow? On what grounds?

Let your kids play whatever they want. If they don't like it, they won't play it.
Simple.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
alex_99HadiHemmatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides forfeited. Fundamentally, though, it seems Con conceded in R1, and then only tried to argue that there were "worse" problems, which was irrelevant to the resolution. Arguments to Pro. All else seemed equal. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.