Liberals
tim.ray

Kids have the right to question authority

Liberals

Pro

No sources required, just your beliefs.
tim.ray

Con

Accepted. I actually agree with the argument but I enjoy arguing devils advocate. Children should not have the right to question authority, of course depending on what defines "authority". In this case I'll assume parents. Please state why they should have the right to question authority? Also please define the age that classifies someone as being a child.
Liberals

Pro

Kids: Under the age of 18

Authority: parents, teachers

I am lucky compared to most kids, my parents encourage me to think for myself. My parents literally told me to "question everything." This means that if I don't agree with something I get to debate it with them: like for instance: bedtime, Netflix privileges, even punishment (but most of the time I stay out of trouble). It also builds kid's personality and builds social skills. If a kid follows everything a parent says or does, without question than they will develop a passive personality. Bassicly if someone tells you something you respond "Good point. Okay. I agree." Even when you don't agree. So bassicly that leaves them unable to question anything. And morally, If your parent tells you that evil is good, and that killing is good, and that being mean and selfish is good, than a kid should most certainly question that. Or if parents make a pointless rule like: curfew at 6:00 even though you have a 4.0 GPA and have never gotten in trouble for any major reasons, kids should be able to question that. Same thing goes for teachers as well. A few months ago in Jefferson County, Colorado, students walked out on school because of a new AP history class policy. The policy was that they would censor textbooks from any sort of protesting and Revolution and also making it so that it would glorify America and put down other countries. (Tell me that's not ridiculous.) and kids (well, and teachers, but mostly kids) questioned authority and protested and got it removed.
tim.ray

Con

tim.ray forfeited this round.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
tim.ray

Con

tim.ray forfeited this round.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
tim.ray

Con

tim.ray forfeited this round.