ExJock
OtisBDriftwood

Kids in Greeley shouldn't wear Peyton Manning jerseys

ExJock
Started: 1/27/2016 Category: Sports

ExJock

Pro

I don't expect much debate here, but let's see. It facilitates gang violence. Peyton Manning, as we all know, sports #18. Greeley is home to the viscous 18th street gang. Thus, any @/s/s/h/o/l/e wearing a Manning jersey is both explicitly and implicitly supporting gang violence and illicit activities and might as well just toke up before work by eating edibles.

If they need to wear a Broncos QB jersey during the upcoming Super Bowl, I suggest a wholesome Christian man like Tim Tebow as an example, who is also a better QB than Peyton Manning (ha-ha).
OtisBDriftwood

Con

I wasn't familiar with this issue so took the time to research it as it seemed at the outset fairly silly. But once I read that the policy had been around for over three years, and applied to the numbers 13, 14,18, 31, 41 and 81, then I could understand clearly that the school district does indeed have the interests of the kids in mind. It seems to be a reasoned application of clearly defined rules. I'm perfectly fine with this.
ExJock

Pro

I'm glad we reached an agreement here. It really is common sense. Wearing #18 in Greeley is both flat out dangerous and a declaration of support for gang violence, whether or not the 18 in question is a sports uniform or not. The NFL should've been keeping the kids in mind when Peyton signed in Denver and told him he couldn't wear 18, but that's a different debate entirely so I'll leave it as it is here.
OtisBDriftwood

Con

I suppose my only dispute with you is with limiting your disdain toward Peyton Manning solely. We should also understand the responsibility the Broncos have bringing players such as Trevor Siemian, Cody Latimer and Owen Daniels and the negative impact they also have regarding the civil unrest in Greeley. Let's not be short sighted simply because Peyton Manning is "a name". This is precisely how people such as Earl Holt Jr. continue to get by in the world while far more noted racists spill their venom to the masses. Denver Broncos - have you no shame???
ExJock

Pro

Pally, I actually agree with you there. If the Broncos truly cared about their community and their fans, they would cut all of the players you named before the Super Bowl if they refused to switch numbers. As an ex-jock myself with two years of experience playing in the CFL, I'd gladly step in to try out for the team if they needed to field a full roster for the Super Bowl after cutting those players. I also have plenty of friends still in the porn industry that I'm sure would be happy to try out as well.

Thank you for this debate, good sir. It appears we have reasonably concluded jerseys associated with gang numbers should be avoided at all costs in Greeley, and frankly everywhere.
OtisBDriftwood

Con

I'm not certain that we should end up on the same side but I would tend to agree that we are in sync on this issue. I would only add that it is clear the Denver Broncos should be extremely careful going forward in performing background checks of the numbers their prospective players choose to wear and market. This is the type of negative publicity the National Football League prefers to shun... along with touchdown celebrations and athletes actually having fun on the football pitch. I swear - it'll drive the viewing public to watch hockey.

Protect our kids!!!
Posted by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Oh me oh my, that final argument was a true humdinger.
Vote Placed by FlamboGus 1 year ago
FlamboGus
ExJockOtisBDriftwoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Con
Vote Placed by mc9 1 year ago
mc9
ExJockOtisBDriftwoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con agreed with pro