w42723z
arrowfan

Kids should be able to play football under 12 years old

Started: 2/10/2015 Category: Sports

w42723z

Pro

Playing football at an early age helps kids develop at the sport. Do you accept?
arrowfan

Con

kids should not play football under the age of 12 because it may cause serious injury. have you seen the news in the past year it is saying it is bad to play football because you can get serious brain injury. Also the what if you played on asphalt and fell. If you are under 12 you are most likely in school and you could become almost obsessed with football and it could de rail your academic carrier. Also you could hope when you grow up you get on an NFL team with an imagination of a 12 year old and it could break your heart to find out that it is unrealistic.
w42723z

Pro

Yes, it may cause damage, but if the kids dream is to become a football player, he should start at his dream early. Also, if the kid has the right amount of padding, he will not take as much damage. And yes opponent, I have felt the pain of tripping and falling while playing asphault football, but the worst you can get on the asphault is a few scratches. Let me explain.

If the kid has a dream of making it to NFL level, I think that the kid should try to reach that goal, because theres nothing stopping them. If they play the game right then they evolve and will be able to make to NFL level. All the kid should remember is to play the game right and always have fun.

If the coaches give the kids the right amount of padding to go out on the field to get hit, the kid should not get hurt as easily. The average kid should be wearing a helmet, shoulder pads and padded pants for protection for the hits they can take. It may cause brain damage, however thats where a helmet does it job.

Thank you and I hope my opponent answers well.
arrowfan

Con

My opponent has said with the right amount of protection football will not do harm to the brain, well that is incorrect the brain damage can also come with very well protection.For example, multiple peoples in the NFL have gotten brain damage from playing with protection.Also what if you are not on a team and like to play. Another reason why Kids should not play football while younger than twelve is it could disappoint them inside in a variety of ways. On sway is being discriminated i have personal experience with this when I play football during recess sometimes I am not aloud to play because I am a girl and that hurts my feelings very much. Also you could be very sad if you lose a game or let down your teammates. My opponent has also said that if you play on asphalt you will only get a couple scrapes this is incorrect because one time my friend was playing and hit his head on a rock while falling and had his head cracked open in one area this is serious and not a little scratch.

I hope my opponent responds well
w42723z

Pro

Cool Thanks
arrowfan

Con

arrowfan forfeited this round.