caydog25
ProfessorPufferfloob

Kids should be able to use electronics during the school week.

Started: 3/2/2015 Category: Technology

caydog25

Pro

I think that kids should be able to use electronics during the school week. I think this because kids would be able to play games and use apps. Also kids would be able to stay away from their parents.
ProfessorPufferfloob

Con

Assuming that by "electronics" you mean mobile devices, then to be blunt, your argument is entirely baseless conjecture.

Many school-age kids do already use personal electronics (cellphones, tablets, etc.) during the school week, enabling them to play games, use apps, and offering distraction from parents, although it perplexes me as to why the majority of kids would want to stay away from their parents.

If you are suggesting that a law be enforced that allowed children to use electronics during school weeks, then that would be hopelessly unviable. There would simply be no way to enforce the law across 300 million people. The United States government requires compulsory schooling for a reason, and that is certainly not to allow kids to Instagram, tweet, or text their day away. Parents also have some degree of parental discretion in choosing what their kids are exposed to, and the law cannot interfere with that.

-The Professor
caydog25

Pro

caydog25 forfeited this round.
ProfessorPufferfloob

Con

Hmm. Well I don't see any point in bringing up new points. It seems unlikely that this argument will be answered as well.
caydog25

Pro

caydog25 forfeited this round.
ProfessorPufferfloob

Con

ProfessorPufferfloob forfeited this round.
Posted by christopher1006 1 year ago
christopher1006
You may want to better define the resolution. Because I just have to take a picture of a person using a computer at school and your argument is completely destroyed.