Azul145
RationalMadman

Kids should have cell phones

Azul145

Azul145

Pro

Kids should definetly have cell phones. I will give 3 main points to back my position.

(1) Emergencies
(2) Socializing
(3) Responsibility

Kids need phones for emergencies. What if your at a movie with some friends and an adult comes and starts walking around you and acting creepy. Without a phone you can't call somebody to pick you up you will just have to deal with this strange adult. This is just one of many scenarios of an emergency.

Kids need to be social in order for them to develope correct social skills and learn how to act around people. With cell phones kids can talk to each other whenever they want and can arrange hang outs much easier.

Cell phones teach kids responsibility. They have to make sure they don't lose their phone and not send mean texts and things like that. I'm not saying this is the only way to teach responsibility but kids will enjoy learning this way.
RationalMadman

Con

Kids shouldn't have cell phones, kids should have a life.
Azul145

Pro

Cell phones are part of a social life. My points and arguments still stand.
RationalMadman

Con

no it's a way of dumping over text, making 'love' over SEXT my goodness all responsibilities of face to face communication and basic maturity in life are out the window the pandora's box is opened! REVERT TO THE WAYS OF THE AMISH TODAY!
Azul145

Pro

Not all communication needs to be face to face. You are turning this debate into a debate for cell phones completley not just for kids. Your video was irrelevant and so was your argument. I understand their is some sext with phones but parents should be making sure that does not happen.
RationalMadman

Con

You are now saying parents should be making sure their children don't sext but this is causing invasion of privacy which doesn't make them maturely accept RESPONSIBILITY!
Azul145

Pro

Well what I am saying is kids should not be completely independent with the phones but their should be some restrictions. If you are not allowed to sext you can still be responsible.
RationalMadman

Con

Yes you can. Nonetheless kids should not have cell phones, they should have fun. This is a stupid debate because your only backup is the hope that in an emergency they are able to get to their phone.
Azul145

Pro

You have offered no arguments against cell phones that have not been refuted. Kids can have plenty of fun on cell phones by texting their friends and if they have the right phone, apps. And no my only argument is not emergencies all of my points are arguments.
RationalMadman

Con

At the end of the day, it comes down to if you want your kid to have a life outside of the world of a radiating phone that can cause ear cancer :O
Vote Placed by LaL36 1 year ago
LaL36
Azul145RationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct because con gave an irrelevant video. While con accused pro of having only one argument, con really had only one argument which was that kids should have lives. These don't always interfere with each other.