Kids should not be able to use a laptop at school until high school
Debate Rounds (4)
High School - Between 9th to 12th grade
Laptop - portable computer
Kids - All children between the grades of 1 and 8
1. No trolling
2. No profanity
Let's keep this mature
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Final Rebuttals and Closing
PLEASE ACCEPT :)
I believe that children should not be able to use laptops for many reasons. The main ones are...
1. It is quite hard to carry all your books and your laptop
2. It allows kids to play video games and can distract them from school work
3. They could get into big trouble with:
and it is an overall very bad influence to kids because they will be able to access many sights that are not meant for kids to see.
fgadsmpu forfeited this round.
REFER TO ROUND 2!!!!!!!!
pls post your argument on time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having a computer allows a person to keep files easily. If you have all those papers that a teacher assigned all lost up in your backpack, you are bound to loose something. Keeping it all on a computer is a lot easier.
1. Forbidden sights and Games can be blocked and monitored
2. He believes that papers are easily lost if not stored in a computer
1. Yes games and sites can be blocked but there is always a way around everything. Almost nothing is unhackable. Also people watching you will not literally watch you every second of the day. There is always time for students to play games. During the time when children are at home, they can also play behind their parent's backs. Parental controls are not strong enough because the influence on children that games cause is uneraseable. The children will always want to play games.
2. Not if you are a very organized person. I can keep all my papers neat and clean. Having a computer will not make a WHOLE lot of difference. I find not bringing my computer a lot easier because it makes my backpack lighter and easier to carry.
I believe children should not have computers because:
1. They make backpacks heavier and harder to carry
2. They influence kids to play games and will scar them for life
It is a bad influence for kids
con has bad grammer :D
To your other statement I say that it is much easier for many people to keep many of their files on the computer. It also makes it a lot easier to store away files, and also, it is also easier for teachers to share assingments with students. Editing on the computer is also easier.
You are also using a specific person a little too much as an example. You know who. :D
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.