PJAbel
vekoma123

Kids under 13 should not be dating for real.

vekoma123

PJAbel

Con

The reason I do this debate is because a friend of my got his first girlfriend. Kids don't who they like or don't like it can also ruin friendships.
vekoma123

Pro

From what I understand from your 'statement', it seems to be more about confusion or just flat out jealousy, but I could be totally wrong.

My argument is that as long as kids under 13 who choose to date are aware of the choices, risks, dedication, and emotions that encompass dating and feel they are mature enough to do so, they should be allowed to. I personally think it's rather cute when someone at a young age has a 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend', and it doesn't mean that they are going to flat out have sex with one another.
PJAbel

Con

If 5 year old's say they have a boy/girlfriend that's fine because they are so young that it does not even matter. But when 10 year old's say that same thing and they "Break up" they will possibly lose friends that they may have known for years. By the way I am not posting this because of jealously which I am not.
vekoma123

Pro

'By the way I am not posting this because of jealously which I am not.'

I appreciate the clarification, as if it was because of that, it would just be a obvious call for sympathy.

'But when 10 year old's say that same thing and they "Break up" they will possibly lose friends that they may have known for years'

So you're basically saying that after breaking up, there is the possibility of absolutely no path for restoration or closure? If so, you need to face the fact that that is possible for any type of relationship, for any age group, not just one.
PJAbel

Con

I see what your saying but with children it is mostly and I am not making this up boys vs girls because children do not have the mature mind to relize that they are playing game a game that is just an experience and to them its the real world even though to us its not. I mostly see this through boys hitting the age of pueberty before the are teens. Boys around that age can not handle the pressure of breaking up because when one boy or girl is hurt emotionally the whole gender thinks the other one is a jerk.
vekoma123

Pro

I can understand your argument about how, maturity-wise, younger people may think they are playing a game and it will play an assumption that the other gender is, in your words, a jerk. Yes, there are those childhood phases we go through where it's like 'Oh, boys/girls have cooties' or whatever immature assumption that can be made, but it seems like you are focusing on just a select group of children, but not all. I also find it interesting how you are focusing on boys not being able to handle the pressure, when that can go both ways.

I would see that 2 kids, who are a 'couple', may be able to handle it more maturely in the 10-12 age range than below. I think another factor could be how the kids are raised, whether it be to respect people for who they are and how to handle certain friendships as you develop, or if the parents of said couple were able to make their own decision on whether or not they feel their children are ready.

I mean, parental interference is possible for any kid/teen dating, so it's not all that different.
Posted by rajbirsingh 3 years ago
rajbirsingh
i personally dont belive in dating type things for children at such a age because they are for sure not mature enough to learn at this stage these kind of relationship
Posted by vekoma123 3 years ago
vekoma123
Cool to hear that you claim to be a better debater dtaylor, but I don't feel age has anything to do with it at all, regardless of who you are talking to.
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Ohhhh... I thought you said "debating"... oops -__-
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
I'm 12... And I'm damn well a better debater than you...
Vote Placed by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
PJAbelvekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was equal. Con had some awkward to read statements like "By the way I am not posting this because of jealously which I am not." Pro had the better arguments, while I felt Con's arguments could have been much better. Con, however, used a lot of possibles, and brought up situations that aren't restricted to kids. No sources were used.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
PJAbelvekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didnt offer a single convincing point as to why kids under 13 shouldnt date for real while pro's arguments were more then satisfactory to convince a voter to give him argument points.