w.toosmart
jnedwards11

Killing animals

w.toosmart

Con

There animals out there that are suffering from so many things, hunting, testing, you name it. Their life is just as important as your's, people who are eating them, think for a second, would you like to be eaten by animals? I think most of the answers are no. So think twice before doing whatever you're doing to them.
jnedwards11

Pro

I accept but I must clarify a few things. I am not a proponent of harming ANY animal without a meritable, socially acceptable reason. As such, I will not be advocating those practices in anyway. I will, however, show that consuming, hunting and testing animals for ones own benefit can be perfectly moral, well in line with the laws of nature, and has nothing to do with my wanting or not wanting to be eaten by another animal.

Legally, an animal's life is not as important as a humans. Morally, some people may agree with the simplicity of that statement, however very few people would actually practice a lifestyle that did not contradict that belief. If an animal's life is equal to human then you have a moral obligation to insure you never assert your importance over their own. Did you check to make sure the state/city/neighborhood you live in did not displace/kill thousands of animals while being created? If not, then you clearly don't live by a standard of equality with any animal other than your own species.

Eating animals to survive is both natural and benifical to you and the environment, without this process being repeated throughout nature, the circle of life would not exist. Being human, and understanding that it may be unpleasant to the party being consumed, does not remove us from the circle.

If humans did not hunt and kill a pantheon of the animals that we share this world with we would be overrun by them and our way of life would be next to impossible. If they have to be hunted, why should they go to waste instead of being eaten or even used for some sort of testing?
w.toosmart

Con

w.toosmart forfeited this round.
jnedwards11

Pro

Awaiting response...
w.toosmart

Con

w.toosmart forfeited this round.
jnedwards11

Pro

Waiting...
w.toosmart

Con

I understand that other people have different opinions, and I am only suggesting my own. Maybe you should take a look at this:

-PETA claims that they killed 90 percent of the animals that were dropped off at the Virginia Shelter.
-60 percent of the people that kills animals is for fun and to make them feel powerful.
-Scientists says that if we all keep doing what we're right now, we're going to run out in the future, more animals would get extincted.

Those things don't need to happen. As I said earlier, the animals don't need to suffer, they are just as important as humans are.
jnedwards11

Pro

In a debate, we are tasked with more than stating an opinion. You must support your opinion with your own logical reasoning and in the face of rebuttals from your opponent. Opinion or not, you have chosen to disregard my arguments or even respond to me thru two rounds. Your closing also failed to support your opinion as you have not substantiated any of these claims by citing reliable sources. As such I will rest my case on your lack of compelling evidence and my arguments from round one.
Posted by jnedwards11 3 years ago
jnedwards11
I understand completely, no hard feelings!
Posted by w.toosmart 3 years ago
w.toosmart
I didn't have time to write on the second and third round. I know it is my responsibility to do so, but I know how split time between things. I hope you understand.