thetallest1
Beginner

Kimo vs. Pono; Social issues, gay marriage

Beginner

thetallest1

Pro

I am not against gayshould choose who they want to marry there is nothing wrong with being gay, exclaim it to the world its not a bad thing. marriage because people , but i need ore opinions to finish.
Beginner

Con

" am not against gayshould choose who they want to marry there is nothing wrong with being gay, exclaim it to the world its not a bad thing. marriage because people , but i need ore opinions to finish."
An incoherent statement, especially the last few line.

Here's my statement:
Gay marriage is not something we should allow.
thetallest1

Pro

Ok my laptop screwed up. But what is wrong with gay marriage? If you think it's wrong give me reasons. I did say I need it to finish a paper. I need others opinions, I don't care if nobody agrees. But if you post thx.
Back to the point is there is nothing wrong with gay marriage, when you get married to some one you love them,(hopefully), and the gays out in the world most likely love their partner too!
Beginner

Con

I did not say I think it is wrong. The marriage of gay couples is, in itself, harmless.
Marriage should be allowed. There are several very practical reasons for this.
I would like for you to explain why gay marriage should be allowed. State the reasons
(That marriage is harmless in itself is not a reason. EG: Jumping is harmless in itself,
but jumping off a cliff is very harmless)
Before inputting supporting arguments, I would like to hear your reasoning for marriage.
thetallest1

Pro

Fair enough. Same sex marriage should be allowed because it is a civil right. Lets just say you or I were gay, would you think it would be right marry he one you love? Most likely not. Personally it is like arranged marriage, or at least it seems like that to me. This is because congress is saying 'no you cant marry so-and-so because you are the same gender'.
I personally think we need some gay congressmen and women if we dot have some already.
Beginner

Con

There are several reasons gay marriage should not be allowed.
One of the key reason gay marriage is not explicitly allowed in many legal codes is the immense base of opposition against its acceptance into said codes. To input such a code against such an army of opposition would incite discord. Recall the civil rights movements several decades earlier. Violence and hate exploded when demonstrators took to the streets in open proclamation for their cause. Unlike this gay marriage civil right, racial civil rights affected millions of people. The racial issue was much more pressing because it affected the people on a more fundamental level than does the gay-marriage issue. African Americans were forced into harsh living conditions and low waged jobs by discriminatory statutes. Many lived in poverty and had very little opportunities to succeed. The racial civil rights proponents fought for a worthy cause that elevate the living quality of millions who languished/suffered in horrid conditions. The gay marriage proponents fight for a trivial cause. Marriage is only legal contract binding two people. In older days, marriage was political and were used for economic/political unions (E.g.: the marriage of an Austrian princess and a French prince to solidify relations between the two nations). Instead of improving/saving the dreary lives of millions, allowing gay marriage only serves to give a small group of people the satisfaction of having a piece of paper binding them legally. The ends, however harmless, do NOT justify the terrible processes necessary to its implementation.

Furthermore:
Marriage is not absolutely necessary. In fact, you could do very well off without such an inhibition. A relationship in which you live with your loved partner without legal restrictions...if it doesn't work out, then both parties can consent to a termination of said relationship without the difficult legal process/repercussions. It would also rid of the greedy spouse (those who marry for money).

"Lets just say you or I were gay, would you think it would be right marry he one you love?"
Once again, the proponent's goal is not to establish whether or not gay marriage is right because I already agreed that it IS right.
My opponent has the burden of proving gay marriage to be something that should be implemented; show me that it is absolutely necessary.
thetallest1

Pro

It may not be neccesary at all. I do in fact kow that two people can live together and be in love and whatnot, for example dog the bounty hunter and whatsherface. As i stated in the beginning i needed this for an essay. Thank you those who contributed.
Beginner

Con

"It may not be neccesary at all. I do in fact kow that two people can live together and be in love and whatnot, for example dog the bounty hunter and whatsherface. As i stated in the beginning i needed this for an essay. Thank you those who contributed."
Why don't you just thank me directly? Asides from a little editing you will be prone to do, your essay is nearly completely made by my contribution...I think I deserve more credit than this. Plagiarism, while maybe tenable in high school, will not last you through college. The ultimate benefits of plagiarizing my work will not culminate into anything intellectually or ethically beneficial for you in the future.
By agreeing to the fact that gay marriage is not "neccesary at all" (necessary is its the correct spelling), my opponent has conceded to my points.
thetallest1

Pro

Just to let you know I don't plagiarize. I will even include everything that had to do with this website and there were a couple other debates on gay marriage so this is not the only one mentioned.

"On an online debate(debate.org), many people are debating whether or not gay marriage should be legalized and some are against, but, some without good arguments or sources, are in a way like Pono. But Pono said even though he was against gay marriage, he would let the states decide what they wanted to do about it. Pono would most likely agree with the forty four percent of Americans who believe same sex marriage should not be legalized and that it is unconstitutional."
As you can see I have not plagiarized, one because I do not wish to fail my class and two because I do not want my work plagiarized so I do not do that to other people. I did not thank you directly because other people have contributed by having other debates about the same topic.
Beginner

Con

Whoa, the point is, you should have been doing your own research instead of mining the ideas of other people. Come up with your own logical arguments. You are essentially plagiarizing our thought processes (not verbatim, but you get the idea). You should thank me directly because this debate topic pertains to this specific link and is only between you me and the viewers. If this were an open discussion forum with many contributors actually VISIBLE to everyone, then your expression of thanks would be fitting. However, since I am not privy to this, I deserve your thanks because the other contributors are not here to take the thanks. I am the only one here so I should be the only one thanked. It's like saying:
"Thank you everyone who helped me do this" to one person in a solitary room.
I digress.
My opponent has failed to address my points against gay marriage and has, therefore, lost this debate.
Con receives offense from having to do a debate against a dummy target that did not even intend to give any logical argument to unsupported statements. Conduct to con.
Con obviously exhibits the use of better spelling/grammar overall. This point also goes to con.
Con's contentions are completely uncontested. Argument goes to con.
Both sides have no sources: Tied in this area.
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
Well anyway thx for your help. FYI i did cite this webpage. I also got an awsome grade on my paper.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
I know...I am thoroughly disappointed. I feel my efforts were wasted. I REALLY wanted good rebuttals.
Posted by Lordknukle 4 years ago
Lordknukle
This is just.... abhorrently awful.
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
No you have not hurt me it take more than another stubborn person to hurt me. When I say another by the way I mean I am extremely stubborn too.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
Oh, and don't think upon my words too much. If I hurt you, I did not intend it. I hope you improve! Good luck!
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
At least TRY to debate the pro side...if you are conceding, do it more honestly. You kind of slinked away at round 3. I would much rather you input good and sound arguments against me than have you slip away like that...
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
Ok sorry I didnt look it up either so sorry. I dont rally need to know who they are for this essay.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
I looked up kimo vs pono and found no satisfactory answer...
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
First of all whoever said who or what is kimo vs. pono look it up. Second of all lol to Beginner.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
Diction error: Jumping off a cliff is very 'HARMFUL'
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
thetallest1BeginnerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't refute Con's arguments.