BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Aleoz

Kindergartners Can Be Good At Algebra to Precalculus

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Kindegartners are good at Algebra, all the way up to Precalculus.

If you just teach a kindegartner to plug in numbers in Algebraic problems, The kindegartner will keep up plugging numbers and easily solving math problems all the way up to Precalculus.
If you say they can't do it, you are a bad influence to their life
If you say they can't do it, you don't know how smart they can be.
If you say they can, they will achieve higher goals
If you say they can, they will pass Precalculus and algebra.
If you say they can, they will enlighten our future kindergartners to learn easier and easier.
So, vote for me!
Aleoz

Con

"Everybody is intelligent. But, if you teach a fish about flying, it will forever think it's stupid. "
Albert Einstein

Kindergartners should continue to hone their reasoning skills in order to set them up for success when their mind is more capable of understanding algebra.

Bright kids will be discouraged from practicing mathematics due to how difficult it is.

Pro is a malicious narcissist who is attempting to manipulate your emotions in order to raise support for a system that will make little kids feel stupid.
Posted by Cherrypalm 5 months ago
Cherrypalm
This was a good debate.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 year ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: PowerPikachu21// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: So the resolution is "Kindergartners can be good at algebra to precalculus", so basically kids in kindergarten can be good at advanced math. Pro states if you give them the problems, they will solve it. He doesn't really state much else, except if I say they can't, I'm a bad influence. Con says they should instead hone their reasoning skills to build up to algebra. He also said kindergartners would give up on math if it's too difficult. Neither side stated any good reasons to prefer their side. I'll be nice here and not put burden of proof on Pro. Though I have to give Pro conduct points, because Con called him "a malicious narcissist". If you have any questions (or think Pro does have the burden of proof), let me know in the comments of this debate.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The voter is allowed to perceive the statement he cites as insulting. Regarding the report, if the debate is "satirical" (read: a troll debate) then votes aren't moderated at all, though it doesn't appear to be. Regardless, this vote would not be removed.
************************************************************************
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Bryan, try to find real sources. Songs made by yourself is hardly real evidence. And I think Glee is merely a song group, not authority on kindergarten.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Here is a supportive song for kindergarteners to encourage their true knowledge,

Kindergarteners Can Do Algebra To Precalculus - Bryan Mullins and The International Wine Club Orchestra featuring Glee Cast:
https://www.youtube.com...
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Aleoz Albert Einstein is not legitimate
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I believe that kindergarteners should be taught algebra to precalculus.
I do take it seriously

I have proven that kindegartners can do algebra to precalculus.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@Aleoz How is this debate satire or a joke? For me to vote for troll debate standards, it must be obvious that it's a joke, whether it's clearly stated, or neither side is taking the debate seriously. While I could imagine Pro's not taking it seriously, you didn't show much in the way of joking. So because I don't think this debate is a joke (seeing as how Con seemed serious about his position), I'll leave my vote how it is. I hope that explained it, Aleoz.
Posted by Aleoz 1 year ago
Aleoz
@PowerPikachu21
This debate was obviously in good fun. Calling my opponent a malicious narcissist was a good way of ending a satirical debate. You simply cannot judge a satirical debate as if it were a legitimate debate. The goal of satire is to mock things considered normal in society. My joke was more directed to debaters who consider ad-hominem attacked to be effective arguments. Unless you are judging how satirical the debate was, than your vote should not count. I urge you to either remove your vote, or attempt to judge this debate from a satirical point of view,
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Before you say anything Bryan, I'm not conceding you had the better arguments. I'm saying neither of you had any sort of evidence that suggests the abilities of 6 year olds; your arguments were poor. Though I've never heard of a 6 year old doing calculus, or even understanding exponents, let alone multiplication.
Vote Placed by jc1996 11 months ago
jc1996
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2AleozTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used some of the short but convincing arguments to prove that theory while Con uses satire in order to degrade Pro's arguments. Pro's argument adheres to Piaget's cognitive theory and Montessori's philosophy, that all subjects, especially Mathematics, goes in a concrete-to-representational-to-abstract sequence of instruction. Con ignores the reality that "every child is a potential genius". With that, Pro won the debate.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2AleozTied
Reasons for voting decision: So the resolution is "Kindergartners can be good at algebra to precalculus", so basically kids in kindergarten can be good at advanced math. Pro states if you give them the problems, they will solve it. He doesn't really state much else, except if I say they can't, I'm a bad influence. Con says they should instead hone their reasoning skills to build up to algebra. He also said kindergartners would give up on math if it's too difficult. Neither side stated any good reasons to prefer their side. I'll be nice here and not put burden of proof on Pro. Though I have to give Pro conduct points, because Con called him "a malicious narcissist". If you have any questions (or think Pro does have the burden of proof), let me know in the comments of this debate.