Riversidegirl4life
biblibobish

Kindle is superior to books

Riversidegirl4life

Riversidegirl4life

Con

As I'm the con, I'd like the Pro to introduce their arguments in Round 1 and I'll go on to rebut. Please accept!
biblibobish

Pro

Alright. I accept your challenge. I am going to try to debate my way through this even though I completely agree with you.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

I did say that because I'm Con I'd like you to begin your arguments in Round 1. Please present them in the next round.
biblibobish

Pro

biblibobish forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

Please post your arguments now, I'd like to get this debate going.
biblibobish

Pro

biblibobish forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

My opponent is clearly uncommitted to this debate.
I beleive that books are superior to the Kindle, as the Kindle is just too easily lost or stolen.
Kindles are great for travelling, which means you'll be taking it on planes, trains, ferreys, around foreign cities etc. These are all such easy places to get your device lost or stolen. Imagine how devestating it would be to lose your entire book collection because you left your kindle in a coffee shop.
Another argument is that paper books have a much better feel overall, and are more pleasurable to read. On holiday I found a vintage bookstore and managed to buy a few novels from 1910. The books are dusty and smell amazing, and the detailed papery covers with beautiful illustrations could never be replaced by a cold plastic machine. A book is more than just the text. They are all different- different sizes, different fonts, different smells and different colours. eBooks have no identity anymore. They lose their self.

I have presented a few arguments, and since my opponent has presented none, I beleive that you should vote Con!
biblibobish

Pro

biblibobish forfeited this round.
Posted by Riversidegirl4life 5 years ago
Riversidegirl4life
@ Doulus.
Book are vastly more popular than the kindle, so there is no point acting as Pro for a cause that is already proven. It's like acting Pro for an argument stating that kids should go to school. It's better if the Pro is taking the side of a minority, such as, all rainforests should be shredded to build office blocks, or that teenagers shouldn't be able to have laptops.
Sorry if this is kind of hard to explain... hope you get my idea :) Thanks for taking interest in my debate!
Posted by Doulos1202 5 years ago
Doulos1202
Why couldnt you say that books are superior to a kindle and be Pro?
Vote Placed by Mak-zie 4 years ago
Mak-zie
Riversidegirl4lifebiblibobishTied