KendallAntigone
Korashk

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories is better then Kingdom Heart 358/2 days.

Korashk

KendallAntigone

Pro

I am arguing my stance that the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories by Square Enix and Disney is a better game story, challenge, and just overall then the game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

Ill elaborate once my opponent makes his or her case.

Thank you and good luck!
Korashk

Con

I would like to thank KendallAntigone for proposing this topic as the Kingdom Hearts video game franchise is one of my favorites.

For the purposes of this debate I will be accepting the burden of clash which means that to win I must prove that Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Re:CoM)[1] is not better than Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (358/2 Days)[2].

I will need my opponent's arguments to form a proper rebuttal but in the meantime I will give some reasons that support my position.

~
Contention 1
Re:CoM is a remake of the game Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories [3] for the Gameboy Advanced. While 358/2 Days is an original title.

The video game referenced in the title of this debate is in fact a near identical copy the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (CoM) for the Gameboy Advanced in terms of content and gameplay. The only significant difference between the two are graphics and controls. I would contend that a person, if they wanted to play Re:CoM would be better off purchasing CoM for the Gameboy Advanced because it is cheaper and portable [4].
Re:CoM only retells the story that was told in CoM which is of how Sora tries to regain his memories whereas 358/2 Days is the story of Roxas and Organization XIII. Therefore 358/2 Days is superior because of original content.

Contention 2
358/2 Days uses the Nintendo DS's local wireless capabilities to allow up to 4 players to simultaneously play in the same world using a myriad of characters [5]

While in Re:CoM you only have the option of playing as Sora, and later on Riku, by yourself. In 358/2 Days you are able to play with up to four people using the following characters:

*Roxas
*Xion
*Goofy
*Donald
*Riku
*King Micky
*Sora
*Xemnas
*Xigbar
*Xaldin
*Vexen
*Lexaeus
*Zexion
*Saix
*Axel
*Demyx
*Luxord
*Marluxia
*Larxene

This variety allows people with various preferences for playing video games have a more enjoyable time when playing.

Contention 3
Re:CoM uses a battle system that is both complicated to understand and when utilized makes it extremely easy to defeat enemies.

To fight in Re:CoM you need to compile a deck of cards that vary in type, ie. magic cards, attack cards, and friend cards. These cards have values of 0-9 attached to them. The higher the number the less likely a card is to be broken, or canceled out. The thing is that enemies use this same system to fight. If an enemy and you use cards at the same time the higher valued card cancels out the lower one. If your deck has cards that are predominantly 6+ you will almost always break enemy monster cards causing you to rarely take damage outside of boss battles. If my opponent does not confirm my assessment of the battle system I will happily provide a source in round 2.
This style of battling breaks from many other Kingdom Hearts titles whereas 358/2 Days keeps to the system that enemy attacks must be dodged or blocked which makes it more challenging to fight in 358/2 Days, which according to my opponent is a positive attribute.
~

I look forward to my opponent's argument and rebuttals.

[1] http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com...
[2] http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com...
[3] http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com...
[4] http://img59.imageshack.us...
[5] http://www.ndslite.org...
KendallAntigone

Pro

KendallAntigone forfeited this round.
Korashk

Con

That is unfortunate. Since my opponent has forfeited the round I extend my arguments.
KendallAntigone

Pro

KendallAntigone forfeited this round.
Korashk

Con

Since my opponent both has provided no support for her resulution and forfeited two rounds I strongly urge a Con vote.
Posted by Atheism 6 years ago
Atheism
Kendall needs v bombs to make it remotely fair. -.-"
Posted by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa
3 v-bombs?
Posted by mattrodstrom 7 years ago
mattrodstrom
lol....

This: "I am arguing my stance that the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories by Square Enix and Disney is a better game story, challenge, and just overall then the game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.Ill elaborate once my opponent makes his or her case.Thank you and good luck!"

Garnered 7pts.

Good Voting!
Posted by KendallAntigone 7 years ago
KendallAntigone
I'd like to apologize for forfeiting the last two rounds. Unfourtunatly, I was hospitalized with Crohn's Disease and had to have minor surgery and was unable to access this website and debate. I apologize once again but thank you to Korashk for accepting and starting off a formidable debate. Maybe in the future we can revive this topic and debate it for real. :)

Sorry, and thanks again
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
This debate makes me think humanity = fail.
Posted by Itsallovernow 7 years ago
Itsallovernow
I found little enjoyment in the nightmare that I had about the Shadow in the origional. He was so big, muscley, handsome, funny.....*sigh. Was it REALLY a nightmare? No, not until he starte growing and growing. He still wanted to stick his Meat Sword of Darkness in me, but it was just too big.Then *sob* I said no and he...*SOB* he held me down and told me not to scream or he would kill me. *runs out of the room, crying hysterically.*
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
VBer!
Vote Placed by Atheism 6 years ago
Atheism
KendallAntigoneKorashkTied
Vote Placed by xxdarkxx 7 years ago
xxdarkxx
KendallAntigoneKorashkTied
Vote Placed by KendallAntigone 7 years ago
KendallAntigone
KendallAntigoneKorashkTied
Vote Placed by popculturepooka 7 years ago
popculturepooka
KendallAntigoneKorashkTied
Vote Placed by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
KendallAntigoneKorashkTied