DylanMarlar
chrisJmicro

Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James... no comparison

Started: 4/3/2013 Category: Sports

DylanMarlar

Pro

Kobe Bryant is better the Lebron James... people always try to argue lebron is better but when it comes down to it Kobe always surpasses Lebron. Im not going to argue rings... because Kobe has been in the league since 1996 and Lebron since 2003 so Kobe has had more time. But to say that he has always had help and couldnt do it by himself is crazy... show me another player that has been the only star on his team and took them to the finals and actually won! MJ had Scottie Pippen and Clyde Drexler.. both of which many people still talk about today! If you want to say Kobe couldnt do it by hmself then you have to say Lebron couldnt either... he had to leave his team AND his hometown to be bale to win.. So sure Kobe had help with Shaq.. but even after Shaq was traded and they werent as good Kobe was loyal to his team and didnt leave. so Kobe has loyalty over lebron... there was a poll taken among the NBA players in 2010 and Kobe was 1st in the highest basketball IQ in the NBA. He is one of the smartest basketball players to ever play the game! (if not the smartest) he has one of the best mid-range jumpshots ever... he can shoot 3's.. (he holds the record for most 3s in a game in case you want to argue that) he was able to dunk as well as Lebron when he was younger (won the slamdunk competition in 1997 when he was only 17) so lets hear some debates!
chrisJmicro

Con

Lebron James might not have as many rings as Kobe but they have compared Lebron to Michael Jordan(greatest basketball player of all time). Also Kobe is a complete ball hog at least Lebron can score and pass the ball. It true that Kobe might be more clutch but if your team can pull away early he wont have to be clutch to give his team the win. Lebron James has the one of the highest IQ in basketball he know how to play the game and that is all it comes down to who can play the sport better and that is Lebron James . So what Kobe is more experience at winning sometimes it takes the heart to win not the brain. So all in all Lebron James is way better than Kobe.
DylanMarlar

Pro

Kobe is a complete ball hog? last time I checked... he has over 5,000 assists. Then again... last time I checked Kobe is a SHOOTING guard and shooting guards normally shoot the ball. Are you really about to say that Liberian is being compared to MJ right now? Kobe was being called the next MJ when he was 18 and 19 man. He cant help that his ream cant pull away every single game. I mean have you tried to score 81 points every game? I'm sure its pretty hard. he cant score that much every single game. You can ask just about any smart basketball fan and they will tell you Kobe is the smartest basketball player in the game. He practically coaches his team himself during time outs half the time. Please don't bring heart into this argument or I will just embarrass you man.. In 2009 in the Eastern Conference Semi finals Liberian completely quit on his team in their elimination game when they were down in the 4th.. so how is that having heart again? Liberian doesn't have half the heart that Kobe has. Liberian is a freak athlete.. big,strong and fast. half of his points come off of dunks and lay ups. I get it.. points are points. but being gable to jump and be that fast is just god given ability. Kobe has one of the greatest jump shots in the game. He is one of the best defensive players in the game as well (this years all-star game he shut Liberian down in back to back possessions. blocked both shots) so all-around its not even a question who is a better player. Kobe wins. at the end of the day that's all that matters is who can win. and like I said Liberian doesn't have that killer instinct yet. maybe he will develop it one day! but until then he cant be truly compared to MJ.
chrisJmicro

Con

chrisJmicro forfeited this round.
DylanMarlar

Pro

Kobe is a dominant player.. he has the mind set of a champion. He was also voted on by the GM's of the teams as the toughest player in the NBA last year. He plays through injuries that most people sit out of games because of. Lebron doesnt do that. if he rolls an ankle he sits out for 3 games. Kobe is just a better player. pure and simple
chrisJmicro

Con

chrisJmicro forfeited this round.
DylanMarlar

Pro

DylanMarlar forfeited this round.
chrisJmicro

Con

chrisJmicro forfeited this round.
Posted by DerekCook 4 years ago
DerekCook
You all want to talk about Kobe in his prime and how you think he was better then Lebron is now, but honestly, you're just Kobe fans. Lebron is playing at a level nobody has came close to in a long time, and Kobe Bryant could never pull off what Lebron has this past season. You want to talk about Kobe carrying his team, he was Finals MVP once out of his five rings, and he had Shaq's help with three of them, who is easily one of the most dominant player to ever play the game. You want to try and say that Kobe is clutch or that he shoots better then Lebron? Go check the stats guys, Lebron surpasses Kobe in every stat except Free Throw Percentage.... Nice work Kobe. Now I guess you could argue that Kobe had very little playing time when he first came into the league being drafted to one of the most prestigious teams in the NBA, but is it Lebron's fault he was drafted first? Is it Lebron's fault people noticed his dominance at an early age? And if you think that's dumb, then think about this, if you take away the first two seasons of each player and calculate the stats then, look at that, Lebron still beats Kobe. You might have some idiot that says stats don't matter, and that Kobe is the smartest player to play the game, but what are stats showing? What do stats mean? I'm pretty sure Lebron didn't average 28-7-8 this season because he spent his time shooting 3,000 shots. I'm glad someone mentioned that rings don't matter, because it's literally the only argument any Kobe fan has..... for now.
Posted by shazzbarbaric 4 years ago
shazzbarbaric
Dude, I just googled Lebron Kobe to find this exact argument.

Not that it's a unique conversation.

Forget the stats. Forget for moment the rings.

Forget, hard as it may seem, for a second Jordan.

Who had Kobe's full arsenal? IMHO Kobe is GOAT case closed. To win at the highest level, you need fundamentals plus intangibles. Kobe has these plus more, he's a compulsive competitor.

No one works harder. And no one will match the body of work he's accomplished by the time he's done. Vino is still pulling strong almost 2 decades in. The difference between LeBron and Kobe is the difference between American and foreign cars.

One built its reputation off muscle. The other superior engineering. Kobe is the ultimate basketball experience, as witnessed by the Laker Nation and all true fans. Athleticism is a gift. Championships are earned.

Kobe has already earned his place atop the pecking order. Anything else he gives us now is just bonus. I doubt LeBron will match what Kobe has done. The better bet is Durant, a new breed of player with the chance to surpass them all (scoring, loyalty, humility, and sheer dominance).

And even then, until it happens, Kobe is the true King. Lions are loud, Mambas are deadly. 'Nuff said,

This argument was settled when LeBron admitted that he wanted to be the first billionaire sports figure. All Kobe ever wanted to do was win.

That's all we can hope to expect from greatness.
Posted by DylanMarlar 4 years ago
DylanMarlar
Did anybody else find it completely sorry when Lebron and D-Wade made fun of Dirk in the Finals for having the flu?? it was funny how they did that and Dirk still came out and dominated ;)
Posted by codyholt4 4 years ago
codyholt4
Numbers? You want to say numbers are in Lebrons favor, that is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! 5 rings to, and Kobe is not in his prime now and lebron is in his prime and Kobe is still as good as Lebron is right now!! You have to look at Kobe when he was in his prime!
Posted by DylanMarlar 4 years ago
DylanMarlar
Delonte West was good enough for Lebrons mom! lol if you havent heard his had sex with lebrons mom. What you just said though kinda helps my debate. Varejao could have been better if Lebron had given him a chance! Im not saying he was a ball hog but if Varejao got the ball more he could have came into his own a lot sooner than this year i believe. Yea Wallace was way out of his prime ill agree on that. But i still think he had to have been some kind of presence down low. I really do think Lebrons shooting % in clutch time is better than Kobes but Kobe has been in a lot more clutch-time sitiuations than Lebron. Lebron still has a while in his career. His numbers will come down a lot. I just dont agree with some of the things he does. Like your the "greatest player in the NBA" and you have a chance to take the game-winning shot you take it! you dont pass it to Udonis Haslem... i dont care how open he is. They left him open for a reason. IF he was to pass up that shot. It should be to give the ball to D-Wade or Ray Allen. not your PF/C
Posted by stubs 4 years ago
stubs
Well yeah I think Kobe is better but numbers win debates and the numbers are in Lebrons favor. Like even if you ask who is more clutch the general consensus is Kobe but the numbers say Lebron. I won a debate on that feel free to check it out. And yeah Varejao played out of his mind this season. Since Lebron was gone somebody has to score. He was never that good when Lebron was there. Ben Wallace had been years past his prime when he was there. And Delonte West?!? we even have to talk about him?
Posted by lebronlover 4 years ago
lebronlover
all im saying is that i hate white people and that im part of the black panthers. I once rode a donkey to the moon while smoking a joint. so yeah bye. GO BULLS!!
Posted by DylanMarlar 4 years ago
DylanMarlar
i just pressed auto-correct and they changed lebrons name eveyime... lol my bad
Posted by codyholt4 4 years ago
codyholt4
chrisJmircro your debate is not even making sense, Kobe was compared to Michael since he was 17-18 years old, also last time I checked even MJ said that the only person that deserves to be compared to him his Kobe, so your wrong their... If Kobe was a ball hog then Shaq wouldve never had the season he had and wouldve never scored all the points he did, and I guess you havent researched much basketball because Kobe has averaged 6 assist per game, and he has 5, 853 not counting playoffs and not counting All-Star games, so your definitely wrong their! Also, your next argument (IQ), do we need to even go there, they have done IQ tests for NBA players and Kobe is ahead of Lebron, so your wrong once again... And this last argument that Kobe doesnt have heart just makes me mad because have you seen how many injuries Kobe has played through and how many minutes he averages a game, im not saying Lebron doesnt have heart but not as much as Kobe, and it does take brain to win because if you havent been in a situation before then you probably wont know what to do or how to do it... So all in all your whole argument is invalid and Dylan definitely won my vote (:
Posted by codyholt4 4 years ago
codyholt4
Thats what the whole debate is about, who is better Kobe or Lebron and you just said Kobe is better, but your saying this would be an easy debate to win??? That doesnt make any since at all.....