AlfredoAbud
Viper-King

Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James!

Viper-King
Started: 2/5/2012 Category: Sports

AlfredoAbud

Pro

Kobe Bryant is the best player in he league by far. He has the experience and the leadership it takes to go to the finals just as he has done numerous times in the past. Kobe has proved that he can still score and put up points on a consistent basis. there has yet to be an injury that has caused Bryant to miss more than a weeks worth of games at a time. He has scored 40+ points recently three nights in a row and he has done so with an arthritic finger and knee problems. There is no other player in the league with his talent, skill or experience. Some may argue that he has had help to earn 6 rings but everyone needs a little help don't they? Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen and Magic Johnson had James Worthy. Everyone had some form of help. Lebron James has yet to do anything that Kobe has achieved other than score a lot of points. Even when Lebron scores a lot of point he scores 30, 40 points only to lose the game in the 4th quarter because he can not close out a game like a true superstar should be able to do.
Viper-King

Con

First of all, I'm playing devil's advocate. Second of all, I'm going to say Kobe Bryant only has 5 rings as 3 with Shaquille O' Neal and two with Paul Gasol. Also Kobe Bryant has had six years more in the NBA than Lebron James.
Lebron James is a beast of a man. He is a powerful atheletic force who has beaten the best of the best. He has almost single-handedly brought down powerful basketball dynasties. Let's look at some stats.
MVP:
This one is a win for Lebron James. He has had two MVP's in 9 years while Kobe has had 13 years to produce one MVP. I mean Lebron James also won consecutive MVP's on his 7th and 8th year while Kobe won his one MVP in his 12th year. Lebron James clearly has won this category. The MVP award is for a true mark of greatness. Many super talented players have won all kinds of things but the MVP award is truly special. It shows who is truly great and is the most valuable player in that year. + 1 Point for Lebron "The King" James.
Strength:
This is no contest. Lebron James is much stronger and more powerful. He can drive right through the paint without fear of being injured while Kobe Bryant has to go around and shoot the clutch. Strength is an important aspect of being able to refrain from injury and having the ability to get into the paint to score without worrying about anything. Not even the Kobe Bryant under jersey #8 was able to have as much strength. + 1 Point for Lebron James.
+ 2 for Lebron James.
In my next round I will refute all arguments for my opponent and will talk about the following contests: Skill, Clutch, Talent, and a few other things.
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Con

Forfeit. I extend all arguments.
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Con

Forfeit...
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Con

Forfeit. VOTE ME!!!! :)
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Con

Vote Con. Forfeits are bad. :(
Posted by Skyhook 4 years ago
Skyhook
I would take this but it looks like you have two resolutions going on. 1. Kobe has a better legacy than LeBron and 2. Kobe is currently the better player ('11-'12 season).

I agree with the first, but I could definitely debate you on the second (if you would be willing to change it just to that one).
Vote Placed by Yep 4 years ago
Yep
AlfredoAbudViper-KingTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by pro, cons case has clean extensions. Nuff said...