Dobbythefreeelf
orioleking1

Kobe Bryant is the most overrated player in NBA history

Started: 6/23/2013 Category: Sports

Dobbythefreeelf

Pro

Im ready for a sports debate. It truly irritates me that most say Kobe is the closest to Michael there is. I completely disagree. I believe he's the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. I don't doubt he is a great competitor. However he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the true greats of the game.
orioleking1

Con

I am all about sports debates. I will argue that MJ was the most overrated player. Good luck to my opponent.
Dobbythefreeelf

Pro

Thank you for taking this one on. Good luck as well. Its hard to begin. Im not sure if i should state all the reasons Jordan is the greatest of all time or why Kobe is not. I guess in my first argument i stated it irritated me people compare Kobe to Jordan so I'll start with some simple comparisons first. Jordan: 10 scoring titles. Kobe: 2 scoring titles. MJ 5 regular season MVP awards. Kobe has one. Jordan 6 NBA finals MVP awards. Kobe has 2. Now Jordan has six rings Kobe with five. 3 of Kobes five he wouldn't have without Shaq. Now i understand thats easy to speculate. One could say ok Jordan wouldn't have any without Pippen. I suppose really thats all personal opinion, as it is basically with anything we sports fans like to argue about. However, the way i see it, Kobe flat out was not a dominant player when he first came in the league unlike the real greats Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. I could name many more but my point is his first three came at a very young age, where Derek Fisher contributed more than he did in alot of those appearances. Now for the argument that Jordan was the most overrated player ever. I personally believe that there was and always will be only one Michael Jeffrey Jordan. In the 1988 playoffs Jordan scored 50 points on Craig Ehlo. In a press conference after the game Ron Harper, then with the cavaliers, said "Jordan would NEVER get 50 on me. So the next game coach Lenny Wilkens put Harper on Jordan. Result: Jordan scored 55. As far as paper records or stats go, maybe Jordan wasn't the greatest of all time. But you don't play basketball on paper. Give it the eye test. The things he did on the court cannot be emulated. The sheer will to win the shots in the clutch the defensive and offensive prowess. In the words of magic Johnson "There's Michael and then there's everyone else. "
orioleking1

Con

orioleking1 forfeited this round.
Dobbythefreeelf

Pro

Well until my opponent can make an argument, I suppose I've proven my point?
orioleking1

Con

orioleking1 forfeited this round.
Dobbythefreeelf

Pro

Dobbythefreeelf forfeited this round.
orioleking1

Con

orioleking1 forfeited this round.
Dobbythefreeelf

Pro

Dobbythefreeelf forfeited this round.
orioleking1

Con

orioleking1 forfeited this round.