HoustonRocketsGirl
Danielle

Kobe is way better than lebron. no doubt bout that.

Danielle
Started: 10/21/2009 Category: Sports

HoustonRocketsGirl

Pro

lebron can never be better than kobe. NEVER!
Danielle

Con

Because this resolution doesn't specify whether we're talking about Kobe Bryat (KB) and LeBron James (LJ) as people or basketball players, both accounts will be taken into consideration throughout the debate. I submit the following:

LeBron James is a behemoth of a player, yet he's agile with exquisite finesse. His versatility is outstanding; there's nothing that this guy can't do on the court. His tremendous size makes him dominant in the league regarding rebounds - both offensive and defensive - and blocks alike. Additionally, despite his size, he's a man of tremendous speed.

Currently LeBron James as of last season had more points per game, a better field goal percentage, three-pointers, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. He also had a less foul percentage than Kobe. The numbers here clearly show that LeBron is dominant. Moreover, despite the fact that they entered the NBA at nearly the same age (Kobe was 18 and LeBron was 19), LeBron has had a lot more success and has done a lot more with the basketball than Kobe has, even with a not-so-great team.

Additionally, LeBron is the preferable player in certain key situations. For instance, say you're down by 2 with 2 seconds on the clock. You want LeBron with the ball. He'll either get in deep to score the bucket, draw the foul to tie the game, or, best of all, make the shot AND draw the foul to win the game. He's not afraid to get in deep; his size and agility lets him do it (that's what she said) and he's good so he will most likely succeed - the numbers prove that.

Regarding age, size, health, strength and team focus all favor James. In part because of that size, James can make a living getting to the cup, whereas Bryant is living on a diet of long balls, pull-ups, breakaways and lobs. LeBron is bigger, faster and arguably stronger with every skill imaginable. LeBron has the physical gifts to do more damage than Kobe (especially as a passer and rebounder) and achieve pretty much anything in this game. LeBron's got more power and better court vision than Kobe, and unlike Kobe, LeBron is a lot more of a team player, which is very important in a team spot like baseball [1].

Speaking of which, Lebron is the hardest working player in the league. Unlike Kobe, he succeeds with the hand he's dealt and not complaining to the media about various immature and selfish team issues. Lebron James constantly makes his team and he makes everyone around him better, and has shown more maturity and poise at his tender age than Kobe has at six years his senior.

That brings me to my final point: The future. LeBron James has excelled and produced better numbers than Kobe despite Kobe's 7 year advantage in age and league experience. Keeping that in consideration with James' natural health, stamina and ability shows that LeBron WILL, in fact, be a better player than Kobe for sure if he isn't already (though I believe I've proven he is). Therefore Pro's one lone contention is flat out false with no basis.

In conclusion, LeBron James is the better player, team mate and man. He's a productive, over-all better leader, who brings good chemistry to his team. He is the reigning MVP of the league who last got better stats in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, field goal percentage and blocks than Kobe Bryant. Because he only brings good wherever he goes, while Kobe is known to bring controversay and bad media/publicity, I stand by my point: LeBron James is Better than Kobe Bryant.

Source:
[1] http://sports.espn.go.com...

Statistics:
[1] http://www.basketball-reference.com...
[2] http://www.basketball-reference.com...
HoustonRocketsGirl

Pro

Well i think kobe's better than lebron because people just wait to see what he'll do next. lebron is totally predictable. everyone knows what he does already so dat makes him borin n it gets ppl be more interested in kobe. (tha better player). n yes sometimes he can be a ball hogg. but hey if ur just dat good, it doesnt matter how much of it u r. kobe bryant makes plays that others in the league are not capable of making,(including lebron) and most of tha times he makes other players look effortless(lebron). and kobe is so good because he has more confidence in his ability than anybody else. which makes him better than lebron. He believes he's the best player on the floor everytime he steps out there. n hey he's right. =D
Danielle

Con

The fact that Kobe is a "ball hog" is what makes him predictable. Also, just as there may be plays LJ can't do that KB can, there are also plays that LJ makes that KB can't. So, this is a moot point that goes both ways. People might wait to see what Kobe does next, but LJ is consistently phenomenal. Extend all of my arguments that Pro did not address.
HoustonRocketsGirl

Pro

tha reason that kobe is a ball hogg is cuz sometimes its necessary. n if he was a ball hogg only that would be bad but since hes a ball hogg everyonce in a while, it doesnt matter cuz hes good. n every play dat lebron does, im sure kobe has done sometime in his career. the way kobe plays is NOT predictable at all every time he plays people wanna see his next move while with lebron every move he does is already expected by tha ppl. Ok wow lebron dunks in almost every game omg. but that doesnt make him better cuz while he's dunking, kobe is making all his moves n is not afraid to go against anyone n show what he gots. so i think KOBE is better. he's just TOO good.........
Danielle

Con

Here were my points, none of which Pro has addressed:

1) Lebron's dominant in size, speed and power
2) LJ is huge but agile and versatile
3) LJ rules the league in rebounds and blocks
4) LJ has more points per game
5) LJ has a better FGP
6) LJ has more 3-pointers
7) LJ has more of offensive and defensive rebounds
8) LJ has more steals
9) LJ has more blocks
10) LJ is a key player in tight situations
11) LJ is a better passer and more of a team player
12) LJ has better court vision than Kobe
13) LJ is a better leader
14) LJ is more hard working
15) LJ has shown more maturity and poise
16) LJ makes everyone around him better
17) LJ has shown better numbers in his time in the NBA than Kobe
18) LJ at this rate will pass KB in stats in a shorter time than Kobe and probably over-all

Pro's only points have been that Kobe is unpredictable (a.k.a. inconsistent), and that Kobe has more confidence (cockiness). This is a simple numbers game of 18 points vs. 2 points. Let's see what Pro has to say in the final round before I make my concluding arguments.
HoustonRocketsGirl

Pro

i dont know why u hav to copy n paste for. u should just tell me what u already know coming from you. BUt i think what ur tryin to say is that lebron is better which he is not at all. Kobe is a ball hogg, once again, just because hes good. believe me if ur not good n ur a ball hogg then dat makes no sense at all. but anyways kobe is better n lebron will never be.
Danielle

Con

The list I posted in 3R was taken from my R1 arguments.

I'm guessing Pro didn't respond to them because she's illiterate (if her grammar is any indication of her comprehension).

Please extend my arguments.
Posted by Andre3000 6 years ago
Andre3000
con won the battle only because pro was not using better facts to prove Kobe is better then Lebron just by looking at her statements con was winning on a lane side but still we all no that Until Lebron James wins a title, Kobe Bryant reigns cannot be a king without a ring
Posted by Andre3000 6 years ago
Andre3000
Posted by MasterDebater33 6 years ago
MasterDebater33
Go Ginobili!!!

Kobe and Lebron suck
Posted by lakers2010 7 years ago
lakers2010
Well i would have argued pro for this, but it is obvious Con wins, but if I was pro i would win this debate
Posted by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
lol I hate watching basketball
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
Well, they did have both Kobe and Shaq that year. Then they won the championship in 1999, two years later. And then again in 2000, 2001, 2002, etc. Not a terrible franchise to be a fan of lol. Anyway I agree with you on the Celtics bit and believe your story. Clearly I wouldn't lie about being a Knicks fan :P
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
I was born in redding california in 1992, became a laker fan in about 1997. They weren't the best team at that time, not even close. I know a lot of people are "band wagon fans" or "fair weather fans" for teams like the celtics and lakers, but i'm not one of them. I hate being called one when ive been a fan since i could understand what basketball is.
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
Everybody this generation is a Lakers fan. During mine, it was the Bulls. I've always liked the sucky Knicks lol.
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
I am a laker, and a kobe fan, this debate (pro) made me sad...
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
I agree entirely with Barcs. I've actually debated this before, and said that Kobe was better than LeBron. They're both tremendous -- It's a tough call.
Vote Placed by Barcs 7 years ago
Barcs
HoustonRocketsGirlDanielleTied
Vote Placed by brittwaller 7 years ago
brittwaller
HoustonRocketsGirlDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
HoustonRocketsGirlDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
HoustonRocketsGirlDanielleTied