zach12
Im_always_right

Kongregate.com is the best flash-gaming website on the internet

Im_always_right

zach12

Pro

Kongregate.com is the best flash-gaming website on the web for the following reasons:

1. No pop-ups
2. Huge selection of games (11,949 currently)
3. Badges (achievements)
4. Kreds/tips
5. Ad revenue is partly shared with game developers
6. good community and forums
7. Video game-making tutorials

I hope someone decides to take me up on this debate. Good luck to whomever does.
Im_always_right

Con

It has been a while since my last debate so I may be a little rusty, but I'll give this a try.

Kongregate.com cannot be the best best flash gaming site. The reason I say this is the fact that there is always one better. You have included facts about the website, that I will trust are true. There may be a website that is even better. "If there is a better one, than why haven't I heard of it?" you say. That is a good question, the answer is in another question. If Kongregate.com is 'the best' why have I not heard of it?

The answer is the internet is vast thus it is impossible to know half of what's on the internet.

Best of wishes, and looking forward to a fun debate.
zach12

Pro

First off I'd like to thank my opponent for taking this debate.

I'm first going to negate my opponent's arguments.

My opponent says that "there is always one better." This is an absurd assumption. For everything and anything on this planet Earth, there is a person or thing that is better than all the rest. If, as my opponent says, there is something better than everything, then why does every sports player, every company, every university, strive to be "the best?" There always has to be someone at the pinnacle, someone at the tip of the mountain, who is the best at this moment, but may not be In the future.

Then she goes on to say that "If Kongregate.com is 'the best' why have I not heard of it?" Is she the ultimate in deciding what is good and what is crap? Has my opponent heard of Ma Lin, arguably the world's best table tennis player? Has she heard of Zarkava, arguably the best racehorse in 2008? How about Marilyn vos Savant, with the highest I.Q. Score in the World?

And, lastly, my opponent says that "the internet is vast thus it is impossible to know half of what's on the internet." This, again, is absurd. Just because something is intricate, large, and complicated, does not mean it is impossible to understand and know fully. It would be very difficult, but not impossible.

Thanks for reading, please vote pro.
Im_always_right

Con

I can see I wasn't let down by a fun debate. I hope it stays this way the whole time.

My opponent's first argument is:

"My opponent says that "there is always one better." This is an absurd assumption. For everything and anything on this planet Earth, there is a person or thing that is better than all the rest. If, as my opponent says, there is something better than everything, then why does every sports player, every company, every university, strive to be "the best?" There always has to be someone at the pinnacle, someone at the tip of the mountain, who is the best at this moment, but may not be In the future."

I disagree, because there will constantly be one better, because of that drive. Most people live in the moment and most things are set in a very limited area, thus making easier for everyone to want to be the best. Thus they believe they are. Until they find one has bested him/her, showing they aren't the best.

You can't exactly say that Dell is the best company. You may believe so but other computer sompanies offer different perks, thus other people view them as better. Then if we are looking at something else entirely.... you get the point I assume.

Then my opponent goes on to unintentionally prove my point.

"Then she goes on to say that "If Kongregate.com is 'the best' why have I not heard of it?" Is she the ultimate in deciding what is good and what is crap? Has my opponent heard of Ma Lin, arguably the world's best table tennis player? Has she heard of Zarkava, arguably the best racehorse in 2008? How about Marilyn vos Savant, with the highest I.Q. Score in the World?"

I will say, no I'm not, but I spend hours a day looking for online games to play. If it was truely the best after several weeks, surely someone would have mentioned it. Seeing as the search has gone on for nearly three years.

The part that I see that proves my point is "Has my opponent heard of Ma Lin, arguably the world's best table tennis player?" Arguably. Showing that perhaps my opponent agrees that there is no set best.

"And, lastly, my opponent says that "the Internet is vast thus it is impossible to know half of what's on the internet." This, again, is absurd. Just because something is intricate, large, and complicated, does not mean it is impossible to understand and know fully. It would be very difficult, but not impossible."

Okay if my opponent knows everything on the Internet I will give my opponent $670,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Of course I don't have that money, and of course he does not have that knowledge.

My point is there is an infinite amount of improvements and additions, to games.
Yes infinite, because it never stops, thus there is no end, thus there is no numerical value.

Thus one website can not be the best.
zach12

Pro

I thank Im_always_right for giving me a fun debate.

My opponent starts off by saying that because of the drive to be the best, there will always be continual triumph and you will never know who the best due to constant usurpations. This may be the case, but for a time, even an incredibly short amount of time, a single person would have to be the best, until he is overtaken by another. I am saying in this debate that, at this exact moment, Kongregate.com is the BEST flash-gaming website there is. This may not be the case in a year, or a month, but, in my belief, it holds true for this exact moment.

Then, my opponent mis-represents my statements. She assumes that my statement of

"The part that I see that proves my point is "Has my opponent heard of Ma Lin, arguably the world's best table tennis player?" Arguably. Showing that perhaps my opponent agrees that there is no set best."

Arguably here means that no one is going to agree. I could post a debate saying that Ma Lin is the world's best ping-pong player, and I am sure someone would take me up on that argument.

Also, my opponent must be misinformed on good gaming sites during her three year quest for the ultimate gaming site. It can't have been a very extensive search. If you search up "free online gaming website" on google, Kongregate is the 7th result, not too hard to find.

Then my opponent says "Okay if my opponent knows everything on the Internet I will give my opponent $670,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Of course I don't have that money, and of course he does not have that knowledge."

This is a laughable statement. How can she give me something she does not have? If I did know everything about the internet, she would be screwed. Also, nowhere did I claim to have this knowledge, I merely stated it was possible for someone somewhere do have a claim of knowing everything there is to know about the wonderful connection of computers through primitive tubes which we so tastefully called the internet.

I know you're probably bored out of your mind, readers, but please read but one more rebuttal.

My opponent then says "My point is there is an infinite amount of improvements and additions, to games.
Yes infinite, because it never stops, thus there is no end, thus there is no numerical value."

My argument concerned a website, not a single, or collection of games.

Thanks for reading, vote pro!
Im_always_right

Con

I will take this time to say ROFL. This has really been a pleasure. I apologize for not giving the kind of debate that my opponent and his friends wanted. I hope that will not cost too many votes, however.

"My opponent starts off by saying that because of the drive to be the best, there will always be continual triumph and you will never know who the best due to constant usurpations. This may be the case, but for a time, even an incredibly short amount of time, a single person would have to be the best, until he is overtaken by another. I am saying in this debate that, at this exact moment, Kongregate.com is the BEST flash-gaming website there is. This may not be the case in a year, or a month, but, in my belief, it holds true for this exact moment."

My opponent's mistake in my opinion is he keeps saying "I believe, it is the best flash-gaming website there is", there is no fact to back my opponent up. That is strictly opinion, and can't really be seen as evidence.

"Arguably here means that no one is going to agree. I could post a debate saying that Ma Lin is the world's best ping-pong player, and I am sure someone would take me up on that argument."

That was my point entirely. Fact is proven. Therefore if someone is to go and argue, then it can't be the best. It can't be proven. Therefore, my opponent tries to say that the website he likes is the best, because he feels that way.

============================================================================
*****THIS IS NOT AN ARGUEMANET!!!!*****

I visited the website in question, and found I HAVE gone there before. I just didn't like it as much as some others I visit. The reason it takes years for me to find a good site is probably because I don't save it my faves, and I don't remember them. It wasn't horrible. Maybe if I make an account it will be more fun. I'll try.

"Also, my opponent must be misinformed on good gaming sites during her three year quest for the ultimate gaming site. It can't have been a very extensive search. If you search up "free online gaming website" on google, Kongregate is the 7th result, not too hard to find."

Well the words I typically use are "free online games", should be pretty similar.

"This is a laughable statement. How can she give me something she does not have? If I did know everything about the internet, she would be screwed. Also, nowhere did I claim to have this knowledge, I merely stated it was possible for someone somewhere do have a claim of knowing everything there is to know about the wonderful connection of computers through primitive tubes which we so tastefully called the internet."

It was meant to be about as laughable as your statement. I admit if you did I would be screwed however you do not, so I am not. If you don't get the point I was trying to make, I won't waste my character limits, spelling it out. I'll just say, learn your literary elements.

"My argument concerned a website, not a single, or collection of games."

Yes. Yes it did. However you cannot know it is the best without first knowing everything else in it's category.
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Some are just as smart as me. Some are smarter.

I don't claim to know everything, I dabble here and there with many things. And that's how I see that despite anyone's best efforts, nobody knows EVERYTHING about any topic.

Now that I'm not so pissed anymore, and can think logically, I can see that storming out was wrong, but all my points were valid.
Posted by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
i don't like your arrogance. I used to be that way and i was the most annoying piece of sh** ever. you need to learn other people are just as smart as you (some of them anyway)
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Thanks, but most people are leaving. I can't STAND when people are so stupid. It's not fun anymore. So I might as well go to. Just thought, someone might want to contact me later on so I will leave my things posted.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Here's the thing Im_always_right: If you didn't do anything, let it go and try to have fun with this site. You're only wasting your time placing so much concern on such a trivial matter.
Posted by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
just ignore mexican
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Thesximexican once again has his facts messed up.

We were joking. You took it to far. And if your stupid enough to believe I have 43 siblings, when my profile always has said 4, then I don't want YOUR votes anyway.

I'm sorry if anyone misses me but I will NOT return to this site again. If you actually want to contact me my email is swimsister94@gmail, and my myyearbook is http://www.myyearbook.com...

I am sorry I loved this site, but I hate what has happened. In One month (Four Tuesdays from today) I will delete my account. I'm only keeping it up, so anyone on my friends list knows I wont come on any more.
Goodbye.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Um, that's hardly news. This site is full of cheaters.
Posted by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
I Would like to point out i have evidence of Im_always_right trying to use people and family to help her win im talking to her in yahoo and shes saying that. Im just making stuff up to coax it out of her. and she keeps saying she'll convince her friends to vote for her. i'll copy and paste the convo into the comment.
nroste23: ya
nroste23: im voting pro
Lexi Burris: argh
nroste23: rofl
Lexi Burris: haven't even read my comeback yet
Lexi Burris: lol
nroste23: i know
nroste23: lol
nroste23: but its wrapped up
nroste23: today we played a 15 minute game of soccer
nroste23: we stopped after 7 min
Lexi Burris: Oaky
nroste23: cuz the team got ultimaetly killed
nroste23: thts the same for ur debate
Lexi Burris: that's mean
nroste23: alot of my friends at school agree with zach
nroste23: and sorry but so do i
Lexi Burris: Let the friends at your school agree with Zach
Lexi Burris: I have a family
nroste23: 43 imediate?
nroste23: we got lots of pppl
Lexi Burris: pretty much
Lexi Burris: mom's like a rabbit
nroste23: u hav 42 bros ands sis?
Lexi Burris: nearly
Lexi Burris: lol
nroste23: doubt it
Lexi Burris: seriously
nroste23: ur gonna lose
Lexi Burris: do you ever see the people at walmart
nroste23: i got some friends on debate also
nroste23: i can get em to agree wit me
Lexi Burris: with the 8 month old kids, and about 8 months pregnant
Lexi Burris: that's mom
Lexi Burris: Plus I do have some friends on debate
Lexi Burris: not as many as my siblings
nroste23: my uncles family adopts kids to help them
nroste23: 32 kids in their house currently
nroste23: all my friends
Lexi Burris: Mom used to do that
Lexi Burris: in Germany
nroste23: ur just making crap up now
Lexi Burris: no
Lexi Burris: I'm not
Lexi Burris: She was a foster parent
Lexi Burris: while my dad was in the army
Lexi Burris: I was like 4 at the time
nroste23: ssurrrree
JUST REMEBER THIS WHOLE CONVO took place not making it up if u doubt message me and i'll send u
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
I tried to refrain, but I'm pissed.

"Well Im_always_right, that answer was so epicly stupid. My friend was looking for a site better, no a response that is the whole internet. You should have just chosen a site like miniclip and proven why it was better. Zach12 you got my votes on these man"

Well sexicanmexican, your friend could have said something. Maybe not in an arguement, maybe in the comments.

Which makes any aproach the opponent makes perfectly legal in this debate.

I AM sorry that I didn't go the way you, or your friend wanted me to, but there was no way I could have known you wnated me to go that way.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Hey zach12, challenge me to this exact topic.
Vote Placed by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by bookwormbill111 8 years ago
bookwormbill111
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by KRFournier 8 years ago
KRFournier
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
zach12Im_always_rightTied
Vote Placed by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
zach12Im_always_rightTied