jbeh
WackyZachy

LA Lakers is the best NBA team in the history.

Started: 5/14/2013 Category: Sports

jbeh

Pro

I personally is a big fan of LA Lakers.
WackyZachy

Con

I am personally a big fan of Boston Celtics and they are the better team. I thank my opponent for creating this debate and look forward to arguing my point.
jbeh

Pro

The Lakers and the Celtics are huge rivals in real you know right?
WackyZachy

Con

I am aware of the fact the Lakers and Celtics are rivals.
There are many reasons why the Celtics are a better team than the L.A. Lakers first off the Celtics have an NBA best 17 NBA finals.
8 of those wins were against the L.A. Lakers and they have beaten the L.A. Lakers 8 out of 11 times in the finals.
In the Celtics/Lakers playoff match ups the Celtics hold the advantage 39-31 over the L.A. Lakers.
In the regular season the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers have played 187 times with the Celtics winning 100 of those match ups and the Lakers winning only 87.
The Boston Celtics have a NBA finals record of 17-21 which translates into a (.809) winning percentage.
The L.A. Lakers have a NBA finals record of 11-25 which translates into a (.440) winning percentage.

The Lakers have won 16 NBA championships but 5 of those are as the Minneapolis Lakers and this debate is about the L.A. Lakers. my sources are: http://www.nbauniverse.com...
http://nbauniverse.com...
jbeh

Pro

The rivalry between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers involves the two most popular basketball franchises in National Basketball Association (NBA) history. It has been called the best rivalry in the NBA.[221] The two teams have met a record twelve times in the NBA Finals, starting with their first Finals meeting in 1959. They would go on to dominate the league in the 1960s and the 1980s, facing each other six times in the 60s and three times in the 80s.

The rivalry had been less intense since the retirements of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird in the early 1990s, but in 2008 it was renewed as the Celtics and Lakers met in the Finals for the first time since 1987, with the Celtics winning the series 4"2. They faced off once again in the 2010 NBA Finals which the Lakers won in 7 games. The two teams have won the two highest numbers of championships, the Celtics 17, the Lakers 16; together, the 33 championships account exactly half of the 66 championships in NBA history.

The lakers had one of the best players in NBA History. Example: Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O' Neal, etc. As well they also have had Phil Jackson as a coach who led them to 5 championships.

The Lakers also holded the record for NBA's longest winning streak (33), set during the 1971"72 season, it is also the longest of any team in American professional sports. Sixteen Hall of Famers have played for Los Angeles, while four have coached the team. Four Lakers"Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant"have won the NBA Most Valuable Player Awards for a total of eight awards.
WackyZachy

Con

WackyZachy forfeited this round.
jbeh

Pro

What happened in the last round?
Did you forfeited it?
WackyZachy

Con

WackyZachy forfeited this round.
jbeh

Pro

I think that my opponent should paticipate more in this debate.
WackyZachy

Con

WackyZachy forfeited this round.
Posted by WackyZachy 4 years ago
WackyZachy
I am not trying to discredit the 5 championships they won, I was just sticking to the debate that the L.A. Lakers are the best team in NBA history if the debate was about the Lakers in general I wouldn't have said that.
Posted by deever 4 years ago
deever
I don't think that you can disregard the fact that the Lakers only won 11 championship just because they won five of them in Minneaoplis. Why? Because they are the same team. They moved from Minneaoplis to L.A. and that doesn't erase the fact that they still won those five championships.
Posted by Landon_Fairbanks 4 years ago
Landon_Fairbanks
Is that why they lose to the clippers almost every time they play them? And the clippers aren't even that good of a team...