LR4N6FTW4EVA
Johnicle

LD debate--Audio/Video style!

Johnicle

LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

Okay, here's how it'll work. No CX, I don't know a good way to do that, I already tried it and failed. But what will happen is the debaters will post a video of them giving their constructives, rebuttals, et cetera. If you don't have a web cam, do what I am doing, that is only recording my voice, then subsequently putting it on Movie Maker, and then YouTube. Oh, and keep your arguments at the right time limit please. Aff 1, 6 minutes, Neg 1, 7 minutes, Aff 2, 4 minutes, Neg 2, 6 minutes, Aff 3, 3 minutes.

So here's my speech. Just so you know, the reason I sound stupid is because I have a really bad cold as of now.

I think it'll work.
Johnicle

Con

My video hasn't been approved by youtube.com... but there is a link to the page. So this is a test to see if I can post the link before it is approved and then have it show up when it gets approved. If it doesn't work, my speech will be in the comment section in about 15 minutes.
LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

Alright here's my video. I think it will work.

This one messed my voice even more. That sucks. Now I sound like my three year old brother.
Johnicle

Con

I sincerely apologize for typing this debate, but I have 2 major blocks in my way preventing me from doing a video. 1) My friend took my webcam (bah humbug)… and 2) I have about every symptom of illness possible.

====================================

Same Value- ‘Couldn't kill one single person to save the lives of every other person in the world' (this argument was repeated as absurd many times in my opponent's speech)-->
-My opponent said this argument many times in his last speech saying that it was ‘absurd' not to allow us to save the majority and kill off the minority. But what I have to say against this is that I (con) am not disallowing the saving of the majority, I am just saying that it is NEVER morally permissible to kill ANYONE to do ANYTHING. This is why I have my Criterion of Equality of all Individuals. Under my Criterion, we recognize that the killing of anyone (for better or for worse) can NEVER be morally permissible. In day to day life, you will find that morally HARDLY EVER deals with what is smart or what can or should be done, it ONLY deals with what is right. And killing ANYBODY is NOT right and therefore does not fit under any moral code.
-Also go back to your own quote about morality and it's okay as long as you are ‘sacrificing something of moral comfort.' Well, I don't see anything of more moral "comfort" than a HUMAN BEING! So cross-apply that quote (that HE gave).

Affirmative is preventing more death-->
-BUT the prevention of that death is NOT morally permissible because you have to KILL someone AND you don't KNOW FOR SURE (dropped argument) if you are actually saving someone else (this goes back to the real world examples such as bombing a city during war time.

The Bus Example:
-Don't worry, you can still get on the bus! If you look to the resolution you will see that it says "kill." This means and act of DELIBERATION and you getting killed on the bus is accidental. Accidents can not be a moral violation thus does not deal with the resolution or either of our cases.

‘If we always save the majority, more people will live.'-->
-This argument only makes sense at first glance, BUT what happens when the majority start becoming the ‘one innocent person.'

‘This Resolution assumes that you know that you will actually save more lives.'-->
-BUT in all real world examples, you never KNOW for sure. For example, if 100 innocent people were killed through out a decade to ATTEMPT to live under the resolution (by saving more innocent people). Now let's say that only 50 ACTUALLY save more innocent people. It would be ABUSIVE to CON by saying that we are only debating the 50 cases when you know that there are cases out there where ‘more innocent people' were not saved.

Because of all of these reasons, I urge you to vote CON!

Thank you and sorry for typing this speech :(…
Johnicle

Con

Johnicle forfeited this round.
Posted by CiRrO 9 years ago
CiRrO
I decided to vote Affirmative.

Reason: The affirmative made the point that killing one to save more people is necessary to save the human race. If the human race doesn't exist, then morality wouldn't exist. So, it would be morally permissible so morality could be preserved.
Posted by LR4N6FTW4EVA 9 years ago
LR4N6FTW4EVA
"You going to the Yale Tournament? If so, good luck."

We sort of do national circuit. The only invitationals we go to are Capital Debate Classic (Long Reach High School), Villiger Tournament (St. Joseph), Harvard, Patriot (George Mason), Falcon (Pennsbury), and a local Public Forum only tournament. So I guess we sort of do national circuit.
Posted by LR4N6FTW4EVA 9 years ago
LR4N6FTW4EVA
"Ignore the last minute of his last speech... He went over time :)"

I accidentally switched the three minute and four minute rebuttal. But yeah, I did go over time, sorry.
Posted by CiRrO 9 years ago
CiRrO
lol, my school didn't either, until I forced them to last year. Hmm, I still can't decide who should win this round.
Posted by Johnicle 9 years ago
Johnicle
Our school doesn't do the national circuit (except for Nationals itself)...

But for voters: Ignore the last minute of his last speech... He went over time :)

Thanks
Posted by CiRrO 9 years ago
CiRrO
You going to the Yale Tournament? If so, good luck.
Posted by Johnicle 9 years ago
Johnicle
Nice CiRrO... I'm usually a lot better than this. I haven't prepped at all for this resolution, hopefully I'll get better at this. But since my opponent went a minute over in his last speech, I'm going to use my (non-existent) 2NR and take an extra minute... hehe... hope he doesn't mind.
Posted by CiRrO 9 years ago
CiRrO
I just had my first LD tournament of the year. I took 2nd (Varsity Level). Yay.
Posted by Sweatingjojo 9 years ago
Sweatingjojo
Nice text on the last post, LR4N6.
Posted by LR4N6FTW4EVA 9 years ago
LR4N6FTW4EVA
What I did was I used Windows Movie Maker. I don't know if Vista comes with that, I had to buy a separate disc (I have XP). You do however have to convert the Windows Movie Maker Video file (WMMV) into a Windows Media Video (wmv). That's easy, you just go to "save movie file" and save it to your computer as a "large video file" Then you simply upload it to Youtube. After that, you post the link (don't embed it) into your argument.
Vote Placed by littlelacroix 8 years ago
littlelacroix
LR4N6FTW4EVAJohnicleTied
Vote Placed by mrbullfrog11 8 years ago
mrbullfrog11
LR4N6FTW4EVAJohnicleTied
Vote Placed by Johnicle 9 years ago
Johnicle
LR4N6FTW4EVAJohnicleTied