That_Awkward_Person
Educated_Person

LGBTQ+ Rights

Educated_Person has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

That_Awkward_Person

Pro

I believe that every person has a right to love whoever they want to love and be whoever they want to be. As a biromantic asexual demiboy (I'm still kind of questioning. And if you don't know what it is, look it up.) I am a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights. If someone gets a gay marriage, it's none of your business. Don't like gay marriage, don't get one. Also, who cares who marries who as long as both (or more, if you have an open relationship) people are happy? Would you really be as cruel as to block someone from happiness?
Educated_Person

Con

(Firstly, Before I begin, I would like to wish my opponent luck in the following debate, and also to make it known that the following is not my personal opinion, I have accepted this debate because i would like to hone my arguing skills, I fully support my opponent in is sexual beliefs, and don't let anyone tell you who you can and can not love.)

Sadness, Shadows Traditional Marriage, and rights floodgates
There is a unseen, unwritten line of what governments should allow and should not allow. The minute we keep giving homosexuals and transgenders more and more rights, we will open the flood gates. Firstly, it we let homosexuals be allowed to marry, and now we have people cutting off there given genitals and replacing them with the opposite!! There is a line to what governments around the world should allow. Allowing these things can cause sadness for the person who is homosexual or transgender and should they try and adopt, they will not have both a mother and a father.
That_Awkward_Person

Pro

(Before I start my second argument, I would like to say thank you to opponent for being supportive of LGBTQ+ rights, and being civil in this debate. Keep being you!)

Opening the so-called "floodgates" isn't bad. It will make sure that everyone can have equal rights. No one needs to be segregated, as that is actually illegal! Technically, refusing to treat a gay person- or any person, for that matter- is against the law!
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 week ago
Dirty-Morgs
what the heck is a demiboy there are only three genders

Male
Female
Mayonnaise
Posted by TheBenC 2 weeks ago
TheBenC
Do I have the right to say your 55 genders is nonsense?
Posted by Jnaejnae 2 weeks ago
Jnaejnae
Being moderately libertarian I believe you have the right to do what you want as long as it doesnt violate someone else's rights. That said there are 2 sexes. Male and female. Preferred pronouns are an attempt to dictate speech using a false premise, mandating speech to fit an ideology is anti liberty. There is no right that lets you mandate how you prefer others to speak, LGBTQ as a movement has been corrupted with marxist and liberty values, but at the end I support individual rigthts.
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
Preach it, That_Awkward_Person, preach.
Posted by Phenenas 2 weeks ago
Phenenas
I'm all for treating people equally under the law, but if you think employers should be forced to hire trans people, or forced to provide health coverage for sex change surgery, I'll gladly roast you alive in a debate.
Posted by binkshimself 2 weeks ago
binkshimself
You can't phrase the counter-argument as simple as 'other people don't want LGBTQ people to be happy'. This is inaccurate. This is the general arguments that come from certain people who attempt to poison the well before any rational debate takes place.
Posted by JesusIsGodForever 2 weeks ago
JesusIsGodForever
We want people to be happy, but if what makes them happy affect their wellbeing (such as living a shorter life) then I would try to tell them the costs of what they are doing.
Posted by Stupidape 2 weeks ago
Stupidape
"Theoretically lets say im a 45 year old man and I want to marry a 12 yr old girl and I make my claim as it is love.Is that wrong?"

Not according to Islam.

"Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)"

http://www.answering-islam.org...
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 2 weeks ago
Some_Confused_Kid
Theoretically lets say im a 45 year old man and I want to marry a 12 yr old girl and I make my claim as it is love.Is that wrong?