Wyattcodered
persianimmortal

LGBt people should be treated as the same in faith

persianimmortal has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Wyattcodered

Pro

This is not a debate but a discussion between myself and Persianimmortal. I have been studying religion heavy for a good five years now my dad is a Pastor and my mom works for the church have always asked my parents lots of Religious questions since I was fithteen. But this question I believe my dad has wrong in what God's plan is for his LGBT people. I will like to start this out by saying he treats everyone the same as said in Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God"s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Also in Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"
But I think its best said by peter" So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality..."

So if God shows no partiality then how is he angry about certain people what he created in his own image. But when it comes to Homosexuality God seems to put a whole author look on.
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20 :13
Also in 1 Corinthians 6 9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I have kept this quote while so you can see what the chapter of this section of the bible was about. But I mainly picked this verse since the Bible spells out Homosexually and that it is Sexually immoral. But this is where I differ from my dad and some Christians on this issue. A lot of times as we are thought that the bible is the way it is and everything is written as is. But as my studies in the bible through interviews and collage courses I believe god does change his mind as the world changes. And his ten commandments are what His true values are. I will let my fellow friend in to have his points. And next round I will be talking about why God and evidence that God changes his mind.

https://www.openbible.info......
https://www.openbible.info......
http://www.biblica.com......
Report this Argument