bsh1
FaustThe21st

LIVE DEBATE: Right to Housing

bsh1
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner

bsh1

Pro

Intro

Faust accepted my open debate challenge to do a live debate and selected the housing topic and the Con position. This is a live, Lincoln-Douglas-style debate, which makes it all the more exciting for me, since I don't get to do these often anymore. This debate is scheduled to take place today (7/15/2017) around 11:30pm, EST.

Since not all judges are familiar with the LD format or with live debates in general, I have nominated some judges who I believe are more qualified than most to adjudicate this kind of round. Those judges are: whiteflame, Hayd, Tejretics, Warren42, Raisor, Thett3, Airmax1227, and bluesteel (since I've seen him online lately). If Con objects to anyone on this list, or wishes to add names, Con should contact me before accepting the challenge, and we can discuss the issue. Judges, if they accept, agree to adjudicate this debate impartially and without outside assistance; judges are, of course, free to decline their nominations. The voting period is 1 month with a select winner system.

Topic

The United States ought to guarantee the right to housing

Rules

1. No "kritiks" (i.e. challenging the assumptions/premises of the resolution)
2. No "flex prep" (i.e. using prep time as CX time or vice versa)
3. No trolling or deliberately non-serious/humorous/absurd cases
4. Observe good sportsmanship and maintain a civil and decorous atmosphere
5. Debaters must have, upon their opponent's request, citations or working URLs for their sources. Citations must contain roughly all that a regular MLA citation might. Citations or links can be exchanged in-between speeches (with no loss of prep) over DDO PMs, in the comments sections of this debate, through the G+ chat function, through email, or can be read out loud into the video.
6. In the event of mic problems, each debater must have their constructive case ready to share with their opponent in-between speeches (with no loss of prep) through one of the methods described in the rule above. Debaters cannot be required to share their constructive cases if the mics are working properly, though they may still opt to do so.
7. The first round is for acceptance only
8. Violation of any of these rules, or of any of the R1 set-up, merits a loss

Non-Live Debate Structure

R1. Acceptance
R2. Pro posts a Video-recording of the Live Debate; Con posts "no round as agreed"

Live Debate Structure

6min - Aff Constructive (AC)
3 - Neg CX (1CX)
7 - Neg Constructive and First Rebuttal (NC/1NR)
3 - Aff CX (2CX)
4 - Aff First Rebuttal (1AR)
6 - Neg Second Rebuttal (2NR)
3 - Aff Second Rebuttal (2AR)

w/ 4 minutes of prep time each to use at their discretion

Thanks...

to Faust for this debate; I am really looking forward to a great round of LD!
FaustThe21st

Con

I agreed to the conditions met, etc, etc, etc.
Pardon BTW, I don't use this site often as it is broken.
bsh1

Pro

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com...

I am posting this with Faust's agreement; I did offer to cancel the DDO debate. It was decided however to post the link and to allow voters to vote. Thanks to Faust for the debate!
FaustThe21st

Con

Of course, I am inexperienced, but a loss is a loss, and I still think that the people deserve to see this debate.
Thank you for the debate itself and the advise I was given afterwards.
Posted by bsh1 12 months ago
bsh1
Thanks again for the debate.
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
@Faust, can you post your acceptance of the debate in R1 pls?
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
Cool. I should be ready in 20 minutes or so.
Posted by FaustThe21st 1 year ago
FaustThe21st
I'm excited
Vote Placed by warren42 11 months ago
warren42
bsh1FaustThe21st
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/102398/