LIVE DEBATE: The Right to Be Forgotten

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

Thanks so much to Fizzy for this debate! I am looking forward to my 3rd Live Debate on DDO :)

The voting floor is set at 2000 ELO. Please do not vote unless you have some rudimentary (or better) familiarity with LD.

Full Topic

That the "right to be forgotten" from internet searches Ought to be a Civil Right

Non-Live Debate Structure

R1. Acceptance
R2. Con posts a Video-recording of the Live Debate; Pro posts "no round as agreed"

Live Debate Structure

6min - Aff Constructive (AC)
3 - Neg CX (1CX)
7 - Neg Constructive and First Rebuttal (NC/1NR)
3 - Aff CX (2CX)
4 - Aff First Rebuttal (1AR)
6 - Neg Second Rebuttal (2NR)
3 - Aff Second Rebuttal (2AR)

w/ 5 minutes of prep time each to use at their discretion

1. No "kritiks" or "theory"
2. Debaters must go at a reasonable speed and slower than in the debate I did with Zaradi (the interpretation of this rule is at an individual judges' discretion)
3. A value and a criterion must be offered or agreed upon--no non-V/C standards are allowed
4. No flex prep
5. Debaters must have, upon their opponent's request, citations for their sources which contain roughly all that a regular MLA citation might. Citations can be exchanged in=between speeches (with no loss of prep), over DDO PMs, in the comments sections of this debate, or read out loud into the video.
6. Debaters must post transcripts of their constructive cases (though not rebuttals) into this debate for the voters' convenience; relevant citations should be included in the body of the round in which the case is posted.
7. Violation or non-acceptance of any of the above rules, structure, or terms merits an auto-loss.

Thanks... Fizzy for this debate! LD is awesome--woot!

Thanks for the creation of the debate :D

Thanks again to Fizzy :)

Please Vote Neg! The video should be embedded.

Was a fun debate, and I appreciate you finding judges and whatnots.
Posted by 9spaceking 1 year ago
betting 101 dollars on Bsh1 and putting 100 dollars on fizzy
--but only, of course, because YYW would want that extra one dollar
Posted by 9spaceking 1 year ago
my god....46 minutes long.... this guy is the real deal
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
Thanks :) That's great!
Posted by TheNamesFizzy 1 year ago
Thank you, you are better than anyone I've been against. I hope to stick around :)
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
Fizzy - Great debate. I think you're pretty good :) Good luck at your tourney and welcome to DDO! I hope you stick around.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Very, very, very narrow call. I think con made a better case for non-censorship, because although pro showed that people do have the rights to remove their information along with other benefits, con showed the government's rights and especially data accessibility (with the further consequences) arguments just managed to trump over PRO. Thus, con wins.