Ron-Paul
Viper-King

Labor Unions: part II

Viper-King

Ron-Paul

Con

For my Round 1 argument, I simply reinstate my Round 4 argument from our early debate and you will refute that in your Round 1 argument, and so forth. You need to have arguments against my earlier Round 4 argument in your Round 1 argument.

Here is the link to our earlier debate: http://www.debate.org....

You specifically asked for me to challenge you again on this resolution. Why aren't you accepting this challenge?
Viper-King

Pro

I'm sorry. I left DDO for a while and it auto-declined. Also my arguments will be very short because I am going to a Winter Retreat for the whole weekend.

My Opponent's Case:
#1: Labor Unions increase unemployment and increase inflation.
My opponent is basing his whole point on a possiblity. Labor unions are not going to be increasing unemployment and increasing inflation if there is more revenue than the costs. The labor unions just help the employees have economic security and puts equality before the company and the employees. This scenario is exactly like a see-saw, the argument is invalid because there is no guarentee. It may or may not happen so it does not guarentee the increasing of unemployment and inflation. Therefore the contention is invalid. If the company doesn't have enough revenue, it increases unemployment and increases inflation but if labor unions do have enough revenue, everything is fine. So since there is no guarentee, this contention is closed.

#2: Labor unions encourage sloth.
I disagree with you still. If I get paid a certain amount of money which provides me economic security and I can't get fired, I won't be lazy because I get paid more. People will not be slothful only if there reward is greater. If being slothful has no benefits but working hard does, I will choose working hard.

#3: Unionized workers take advantage of non-unionized workers.
It's not the unionized workers' that they're unionized. They're not trying to take advantage. It's just because that they're unionized, they get better and more rewards for their hard work. It's the non-unionized workers fault for not going to the unions not the unionized workers' fault.

#4: Laobr unions hurt the consumer.

They don't hurt the consumer if they don't increase inflation (by lowering the value of the products or Customer Price Index). Since I proved that labor unions doesn't hurt inflation, that means this point is untrue.

#5: Unions have laws that take away the power of bosses and executives that are needed to handle bad situations.

They actually provide equality between the employers and the employees. Th employers and the labor unions talk a lot of the times and see what the right thing to do is. Before, the employees had no voice but now they have a voice in where they can speak out against cruel and punishing circumstances.
My Rebuttal:
#1: Labor unions help employees.
This is absolutely true because they provide economic security for the workers and help them have job stability and more days for rest. They help for the unionized employees and as I've already proved they don't increase unemployment or inflation so labor unions help both short-term and long-term.
#2: Labor Unions encourage hard work.
If they get paid more, why would they want to rest. They would want to work as hard as possible because they are getting a good reward in return. If a dog has to run 1 mile to get 100 pieces of his favorite chow, then he'll do the best he can because he wants that chow. Therefore labor unions encourage hard work.

http://www.americanprogressaction.org...
http://www.americanrightsatwork.org...
http://www.ehow.com...
http://www.sodahead.com...
Ron-Paul

Con

Ron-Paul forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Pro

I extend all arguments. It is very unfortunate my opponent forfeited. Hopefully he will have arguments next round.
Ron-Paul

Con

I am very, very sorry for the forfeit, but I have been so busy lately. When I reinstated the challenge, you didn't accept for the first four days, so I was just going to let it run out and not reinstate it.

And my computer just deleted my argument.
Viper-King

Pro

I am sorry about not accepting it quickly but at that time, I left DDO for a while which auto-declined. I also know how painful the computer is when it deletes the argument. I hope that you can get you're Round 4 argument together. Good luck. I hope you can finish it in time.
Ron-Paul

Con

I am sorry, but I can not post an argument. I have been way too busy with my classes (I'm in college).

But how would you like another challenge? If I am not too busy, I will try to get one out soon provided you can post arguments quickly. If I can not find the time, I will have a challenge out the first weekend in May, and you can post arguments normally within the 72 hour time frame. Is that okay?

Again, I am very sorry for forfeiting this debate. I look forward to debating you soon.

P.S. Do you do religious debates?
Viper-King

Pro

Okay, it's fine. I hope you can send a challenge to me soon. Vote Pro.

PS: Yeah. I do.
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
VK unblock me :P I can debate this with you too.
Posted by Ron-Paul 2 years ago
Ron-Paul
I am sorry. I have just been so busy lately. I can't spend much time on this site.
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
whoa... an FF by ron!
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
lol VK blocked me :)
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
VK they raise prices through higher wages therefore hurt the consumer.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
Ron-PaulViper-KingTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, pro, I will debate you on this if you want later >:)