liberal17
dcarlozzi

Labor Unions protect workers rights.

liberal17

liberal17

Pro

Labor unions help workers from corporations that see all their employees like numbers. Big corporations are only concerned about their money and how low their taxes will go, or how much money they can get under the table to have more, They could not care any more or less if their workers were hurt. Labor unions also get their employees the money they deserve, and at the wages they deserve. No one will look out for you more than a labor union. I know that there are some bad things about them, but in this case I think the good weighs out the bad. And in states that have labor unions, and forced unionism, the job loss in forced labor union states is about 1.1 million less than in states that are right to work states. This is because the workers have no representation. These are my opening statements and know I hand it over to the con side of this debate. If the con side of the debate would like a source for my job loss stat I will also post the link to it attached to my argument.
dcarlozzi

Con

I do not think Unions are beneficial to this country or to anyone for that matter. This is not 1911 when the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire took place. Corporations and factories today have a legal obligation to ensure there is no neglect on their part. If there is, we have Torts to settle that. Also, workers comp insures if a person is hurt on the job and is not able to work to their full potential , they are compensated. Unions keep people in jobs that do not deserve to be there. Unions promote entitlement and decrease competition.
liberal17

Pro

I have a question, do you really think some one like Donald Trump cares about a waiter in on of his casinos? Yes they have a legal obligation to care about their employees, but they don't they see men and women in the working class as numbers, I think there is still a place for labor unions.

The time I start believing in the right to work is when big companies start seeing people as people, not as numbers. That is how I feel and I will stick up for the working class until my last breathe.
dcarlozzi

Con

dcarlozzi forfeited this round.
liberal17

Pro

I don't have anything to rebut so please respond.
dcarlozzi

Con

dcarlozzi forfeited this round.
liberal17

Pro

I stand by my position. Please respond if you wish to continue our debate.
dcarlozzi

Con

dcarlozzi forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
liberal17dcarlozziTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that unions are there when no-one else will be. Con responds by saying that there are ramifications in place to stop mistreatment of workers. Pro responds with conjecture, but then again, a lot of the debate revolved around conjecture. Because of this, I can't split the two arguments. Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit.