Ladies...keep them toilet seats up!
Debate Rounds (3)
1. Women do not use the toilet with the seat up. Both men and women use the toilet with the seat down, thus it is only natural the 'nuetral' toilet seat position should be down, as benefits both sexes.
2. No one wants to walk into a bathroom and see urine splotches, stray pubic hairs etc on the rim of the toilet. We keep the seat down to prevent those unpleasant facts of toilet life w/men from being foremost in our minds.
3. Nothing worse than falling into a toilet in the middle of the night when someone with bad potty manners has left the seat up.
Your point #2 (no pun intended) , being., in my opinion, the stronger of the three, but, I wonder, have you ever considered...?
1. If the toilet seat down is the neutral position?. and I think I should concede that point. Then is it the safest? If in fact, it really isn't, then the safer position should out-weigh the more convenient one. In my view the "up" position is safer.
1a. Now, I must point out that my point of view here is based on a toilet that is used regularly by both genders.
2. Urine splashes, vomit, blood and hairs (virus/bacteria) are far less hazardous on a toilet rim, than a toilet seat.
3. Have you ever sat on a wet toilet seat? I know I have and it isn't fun. Sleep-walkers, children, lazy, intoxicated and sick people all have "to go" and can't always get the seat up in time...even if they care to do so. Public unisex toilets and parties are notorious for this!
1. Women, young children, the sick, infirm, & the elderly use the seat in the down position. Only men & boys use the seat up. Since many more people use the seat down, in my opinion the down position is much more convenient for everyone.
2. In the battle of the sexes, men will sometimes experience the wrath of their annoyed spouse, sister, aunt, friend etc. for leaving the seat up. I think that leaving the seat down after using the toilet will make the bathroom experience better for everyone.
3.Dogs drink out of the toilet, toddlers play in the toilet, its just nicer to have the seat & lid completely closed afterwards.
As for Fido...a dog's stomach is designed to be extremely rugged and they get so thirsty! Have a heart. :-)
Still, in restrooms with heavy traffic...I must maintain my original position.
It was a pleasure meeting you Vesper and debating this all-import issue. ~wink~
I will close my last post on this topic with these final remarks.
Toilet seat & lid down:
*Safer for children
*Keeps dogs out
*Keeps bacteria & germs from spraying when flushed
* Everyone uses the seat down
Toilet seat up
*A safety hazard
*Looks unpleasant when messy
*One will not 'fall in'
*Not everyone uses the seat up
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Bwacit 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Haha very entertaining...I honestly thought it was all a tie..I just have a personal bias in which toilet seats should be down. Very fun to read though :)
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.