Lady Gaga Is a Good Role Model on Youth

Hello I'd like to thank who ever may accept this debate. Let's give a brief description on who Lady Gaga is.

Lady Gaga has been the face of Pop music for the past few years, and has the power to influence teenagers and kids that listen to her on a daily basis. She is an essential leader in the Gay rights movements and since she's been famous, has used her fame to persuade all those around her to accept each other as we come. To most if not all of the LGBT community she is a great role model to us all. But on the other hands there are many, that believe that Lady Gaga is a tremendous bad influence on our youth. Today I will like to debate on this topic.

I've chosen youth in specific because I believe this stage is the most important in our life, because at this stage is that the choices we make will make us who we will become in the future.

~=~= Definitions ~=~=

Role Model: a person looked to by others as an example to be imitated

Youth: the period between childhood and adult age.

Side note: The opponent may decline my definitions, and put forward his/her own definitions.

~=~= Pro & Con ~=~=

Pro: Will by chosen by me I will protect Lady Gaga stating that she is an important and good role model on our youth.

Con: Will be chosen by the opponent, he/she will debate that Lady Gaga is a bad influence on our youth.

~=~= Rules ~=~=

1. Round one will be for acceptance, we will move forward from there.

2. Please refrain from making insulting comments that may hurt the feelings of the opponent or someone in the audience.

3. All forms of resources can be used such as; videos and links.

4. If you accept this debate please make sure that you will be able to finish it, otherwise do not accept.

5. Have fun and be creative. I love to learn and debating makes it fun, therefore I conclude good luck and let the debate begin.

Side note:
If the opponent wants to put forward a rule of his/her own he/she may do so.

Good Luck.

This is a topic in which I am very eager to debate, as I stand in firm negation of the topic. since the first round is only for acceptance, I will not make any arguments; however I would like to question my opponent's rule number 2. I feel that this rule should be amended to state "Please refrain from making intentionally insulting comments that may hurt the feelings of the opponent or someone in the audience"
I say this because neither I nor my opponent can know what will be deemed a insulting, or what would hurt the feelings of either each other, or the audience. We can however use our own common sense and know not to make blatantly offensive remarks.

Also, I accept my opponent's definitions.

PomegranateHamster forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited.
How disappointing.

Forfeit, extend.

Vote please
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
This will be a great debate
Posted by PomegranateHamster 5 years ago
You've got it correct BangBang-Coconut. You can express you're opinions but do make it obvious that we mean no harm to any of the audience since we respect all their opinions and beliefs.
Vote Placed by Dimmitri.C 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Win due to forfeit.