Nismo69
Sniperjake1994

"Lamb Of God" is the best representation of "Pure American Metal" music in all of the United States.

Sniperjake1994

Nismo69

Pro

I believe that "Lamb Of God" is the best representation of American Metal in all the United States, and I'm not just making this statement based on the concert I went to recently where the played an amazing show in Myrtle Beach. My statement is based on their music and lyrics...each song has a very deep and meaningful meaning but at the same time their sound is so insane and metal and whats even better is that you can understand every word not like some Metal bands that also have great lyrics but you can't even pick out a word the vocalist sings (or rather screams). Not only that but they have so much energy on stage and they really know how to get everybody pumped to the point where the entire standing room floor winds up becoming a huge Circle Pit, which is always fun. My point of this debate is I'm pretty sure the is no other band that is a better example of an American Metal Band they band says so themselves "Pure American Metal" is one of their albums. In short and also to reiterate my point if you are a Metal Fan then you know who "Lamb Of God" is and you listen to them a lot!
Sniperjake1994

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for starting this debate. And please vote based on our arguements, not based on bias. Good luck Pro.

Disclaimer: I'm not here to insult Lamb of God. I like some of their songs and album artwork. I'm mainly an avid rock fan and know the difference between different types of rock, but I rate metal music 2nd. So please excuse excuse me for any genre mistakes. Thanks.

Clarifications:
1. My opponent provided no definitions for "American Metal." So ,according to Wikipedia, Lamb of God is a mainly a heavy metal band from Virginia; therefore I assume my opponent means the best U.S heavy metal band.

Definitions:
Representation: a thing, esp. a picture or model, that depicts a likeness or reproduction of someone or something.
Lamb of God (LOG): The band we're debating about.

Con's case:
1. According to Wikipedia, "Due to the variety of influences, stylistic elements and changes throughout the band's career..." Basically means that many types of music influenced and changed Lamb of God's music. The word "pure" means: unmixed origin or descent, thus meaning original. So based on the two facts, Lamb of God did not produce the "American Metal" genre that my opponent claims.
2. Representation means: a thing, esp. a picture or model, that depicts a likeness or reproduction of someone or something. Based on this definition "pure american metal" must have a leading and founding band in order to have representations. My opponent only claims it's the best representation, NOT the leading band. This links to my contention 1 of not being purely american metal because there isn't any truly pure american metal band provided.
3. There are more bands that best represents heavy metal in the U.S. Montrose, Kiss, Pentagram, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, Trivium etc. (http://new.music.yahoo.com...) (http://www.last.fm...) Look at the similar Artists.
4. Megadeth best represents U.S heavy metal. According to Ultimate-Guitar.com: Megadeth rose to international fame as part of the grunge movement of the early 1990s, along with bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. It was one of the most successful music acts of the 1990s and sold over 14 million albums in the United States alone. According to Wikipedia about Lamb of God: The band's cumulative sales equal almost two million in the United States.
Compare the two sales and you'll see which one has the most popular sales.
5. My opponent claims Lamb of God is the best representation of american metal. But how do we know its the best representation? I will make a challenge for my opponent with this question.
6. Disturbed's success rate VH1.com: Since the band's formation, they have sold over 11 million albums worldwide, released three consecutive number-one albums,[1] and have been nominated for a Grammy Award, making them one of the most successful rock bands in recent years.

In conclusion Lamb of God isn't the best representation of Pure American Metal because of the contentions above. Other bands ranked higher due to their sales and popularity and ratings.

Attacking Pro:
1. According to Itunes , the studio album "Pure American Metal", doesn't exist. Besides Wikipedia has the songs listed in the wrong albums; check Itunes if you wish to challenge this. If you still don't believe it, check their website; Lamb of God claims on their website that Pure American Metal doesn't exist. (http://www.lamb-of-god.com...) Therefore this argument falls and my opponent's main argument saying Lamb of God claims to be Pure American Metal falls.
2. "My statement is based on their music and lyrics...each song has a very deep and meaningful meaning but at the same time their sound is so insane and metal and whats even better is that you can understand every word not like some Metal bands that also have great lyrics but you can't even pick out a word the vocalist sings (or rather screams)." False, I could barely understand some songs that they scream with lyric websites. For example Resurrection; lyrics:Lay waste torn asunder weak and lost in the past. Obfuscates the self mind,ripped it away... Who's able to catch and understand every word spoken without searching for lyrics? Here's the song: http://www.playlist.com...
Lamb of God screams like other bands. Therefore they cannot be any better than others. The claim that they are understandable is just absurd.
3. "Not only that but they have so much energy on stage and they really know how to get everybody pumped to the point where the entire standing room floor winds up becoming a huge Circle Pit, which is always fun." It isn't only Lamb of God that radiates this much energy but, but the fans. All bands radiates this much energy for the fans during a concert. Most fans whom attended concerts love it. Yet my opponent has provided no statistics regarding ratings, thus my opponent cannot choose any hypothetical scale saying everyone all loved it at a scale of 10 out of 10 because:
1. There has to be at least critics who will give it a 7 out of 10.
2. There has to be some competition between bands.
3. It is just physically impossible because someone has to hate it.
4. It ends up in unequal sides.
And my opponent claims Lamb of God radiates the most just by having everyone gather around. Wow, is that an argument? Because most bands do that during their concerts and radiate equal amounts of energy.

In conclusion for the reasons listed above please take you time to read this lengthy argument and vote con. I've provided a counter-plan and directly attacked the resolution and Pro's case. I look forward towards Pro's rebuttals. I'll be listening to Rise Against, TFK, Trivium, Disturbed, and LoG while I wait for a response. Thank you.
Nismo69

Pro

I forfeit, I give up, your facts and information seems very well researched and deeply well thought-out. I cannot come up with any kind of defense that would even remotely be worthy of standing up to your brutal attack on my statement and my claims. Therefore you win but may I point out one final thought that may make you see things a little differently. The truth is that I agree with you about how you point out that "Megadeth" is definitely better than "Lamb Of God" but here's something you may not have taken into account..."Megadeth" has set the stage and laid the foundation for all metal bands that came after them including "Lamb Of God" so without "Megadeth" you would not even be able to experience the extreme awesomeness of "Lamb Of God" and we wouldn't even be having this debate. That's my closing statement.
Sniperjake1994

Con

Thank you for your response, I was hoping for a hardcore refutal.

Voting issues for Con:
1. My opponent clearly states he forfeits.
2. My worthy opponent agreed that Megadeth is the better representation of heavy metal music in the U.S rather than Lamb of God, thus Con has proven its burden of the debate.
3. According to Pro, he describes Megadeth as U.S heavy metal music founder. Since Megadeth is the creator of the music then it's purely American Heavy Metal; this response agrees with my contention 1.
4. Just as a link for reason 3, I just wanted to point out that if Megadeth didn't exist or didn't rise up to be the best then Lamb of God wouldn't had followed their example. Therefore without Megadeth being the best representation, Lamb of God wouldn't had followed it's lead and produced great songs.
5. My opponent hasn't responded to my challenge in contention 5.
6. Con has provided a counter-plan/band and directly attacked Pro and the resolution.

For the reasons listed above including round one please vote con. Thank you.
Nismo69

Pro

Nismo69 forfeited this round.
Sniperjake1994

Con

I was anxious for the refutation or an attempt to set a trap of something. I'm not proclaiming I hate LoG just by accepting this debate, there music is alright, one of my friends is a metal fan, and I've read their bio before this debate. I just find it amusing to debate against a band my friend likes.

Voting issues for Con:
7. Con's case remains untouched, therefore all my arguments stand.
8. Con has proven his burden of the resolution.

For the reasons above in round 1,2,3, please vote Con. And thanks Nismo69 for starting my first debate. Thank you for reading this.
Posted by GeoLaureate8 8 years ago
GeoLaureate8
That's not an album, that's a demo with a mashup of songs from other albums. Even Wikipedia excludes it from the Album listing for LoG.
Posted by gonovice 8 years ago
gonovice
Yea...I like Lamb of God..i agree with the statement about being able to understand what they're saying...They actually say something rather than scream about something that no one cares about.
Posted by Nismo69 8 years ago
Nismo69
Before you ever speak again and make yourself look even more stupid (GeoLaureate8) please take a look at this link http://en.wikipedia.org... thanks for playing but the sad truth is You Fail!
Posted by Sniperjake1994 8 years ago
Sniperjake1994
Lamb of God is a metal band. Yet it isn't as good and meaningful as Metalica, Godsmack, Slipknot, and Shattersphere
Posted by studentathletechristian8 8 years ago
studentathletechristian8
One could argue that the Lamb of God is Jesus Christ and take it from there...
Posted by GeoLaureate8 8 years ago
GeoLaureate8
""Pure American Metal" is one of their albums." - Pro

No it's not. "Pure American Metal" is not a Lamb of God album nor is it even a song title. They have Burn the Priest, New American Gospel, As the Palaces Burn, Ashes of the Wake, Sacrament, and Wrath.

Lamb of God is by far one of the greatest metal bands of all time.
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 8 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
dude your music tastes are good but your arguments suck
Vote Placed by GeorgeCarlinWorshipper 7 years ago
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Nismo69Sniperjake1994Tied
Vote Placed by gonovice 8 years ago
gonovice
Nismo69Sniperjake1994Tied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
Nismo69Sniperjake1994Tied
Vote Placed by Nismo69 8 years ago
Nismo69
Nismo69Sniperjake1994Tied