uptheduffer
YourMamIsACrazyWhore

Lard is a healthy food

uptheduffer

uptheduffer

Pro

Lard RULES.
It can burnt to keep people warm.
It can make anorexic people normal sized.
It can make hides waterproof.
YourMamIsACrazyWhore

Con

I thank my opponent even though there is no real need to.

"Lard is pig fat." (Wikipedia DUHHH!!!)

Nuff said.
uptheduffer

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate, and I look forward to an exciting and erotic debate.
I am very aware that lard is pig fat, and I still think it ROCKS, so your argument is very fallible.
Extend all arguments.
YourMamIsACrazyWhore

Con

I thank my opponent despite being an obese, lard loving queer.

Lard has been labeled a bad fat for almost 100 years. But what many people don't realize is that lard has been a part of traditional diets for thousands of years. As we learn more about the health benefits of saturated fats, we can see that our ancestors knew all along what was healthy.

When did it become bad for us?

Around the time of the Civil War, butter and lard were the major fats Americans consumed. William Proctor (a candle maker) and James Gamble (a soap maker) went into business together to market cottonseed oil to compete with the monopoly on lard and tallow. A German chemist E.C. Kayser developed the hydrogenation process that transformed cottonseed oil into a solid form that looked like lard. So Proctor and Gamble decided to try to sell it as a food. By 1911 Crisco was on the market and advertised as being healthier than lard. The company even provided a cookbook with Crisco as the ingredient in the recipes (instead of lard) as part of their marketing ploy to get young homemakers to buy it.

As the use of lard waned, the consumption of Crisco rose and so did heart disease, cancer and learning disorders. These diseases were rare before 1900. For many years, few people made the connection between these diseases and hydrogenated oils that became rampant in the food supply.

HELL YEAH!!! SUCK IT BI**H!
uptheduffer

Pro

I do not appreciate the foul language you have used today.
However I will still engage you in what I like to call WORD COMBAT.

http://www.foodandwine.com...

Lard has little pork flavor, making it ideal for use in baked goods, where it is treasured for its ability to produce flaky, moist pie crusts. Unlike many margarines and vegetable shortenings, unhydrogenated lard contains no trans fat, which are very bad for you.
Lard is one of the few edible oils with a relatively high smoke point, attributable to its high saturated fatty acids content. Pure lard is especially useful for cooking since it produces little smoke when heated and has a distinct taste when combined with other foods. Many chefs and bakers deem lard a superior cooking fat or shortening because of lard's range of applications and taste.Because of the relatively large fat crystals found in lard, it is extremely effective as a shortening in baking. Pie crusts made with lard tend to be more flaky than those made with butter. Many cooks employ both types of fat in their pastries to combine the shortening properties of lard with the flavor of butter.

In British cuisine, lard is used as a traditional ingredient in mince pies and Christmas puddings, lardy cake and for frying fish and chips, as well as many other uses. Lard is traditionally one of the main ingredients in the Scandinavian p�t� leverpostej.In Catalan cuisine lard is still used to make coca bases and typical cakes as ensaimades.

Other uses:
Rendered lard can be used to produce biofueland soap. Lard is also useful as a cutting fluid in machining. Its use in machining has declined since the mid-20th century as other specially engineered cutting fluids became prominent. However, it is still a viable option.

I thank my opponent for such an exciting and active debate.
YourMamIsACrazyWhore

Con

I thank my opponent seeing how the voters bot over it.

Lard is a hardcore punk/Industrial band founded in 1988 as a side project by Jello Biafra (vocals), Al Jourgensen (guitar), Paul Barker (bass), and Jeff Ward (drums).[1] Biafra is perhaps best known as the former frontman of the punk rock band Dead Kennedys. Jourgensen is the founder and only continuous member of industrial metal band Ministry, of which Barker was an official member between 1988 and 2004, and Ward was also once a touring member. Over the years, several other members of Ministry played with Lard, namely Bill Rieflin, Mike Scaccia, and Rey Washam.

Like most of Biafra's work, Lard's songs are angrily political (the War on Drugs is a particularly common theme) but often have a tinge of humour.

As of 2007[update], Lard have not officially toured and have only performed live a handful of times, mostly around the San Francisco area (where Jello lives and operates his Alternative Tentacles record label). The band played during Ministry's 1988 tour and throughout their 1989-1990 dates (Jello was a touring member), once in Chicago after wrapping the recording of The Last Temptation Of Reid, once at the conclusion of a Ministry concert in Los Angeles (March 24, 2003), and at the San Francisco (September 26, 2004) and Seattle (September 29, 2004) dates of Ministry's Evil Doer tour. Because its key members are active with other projects, it is unlikely that the band will tour.

Which obviously means its unhealthy.

It was fun and very excitable debating with you.
Posted by YourMamIsBack 7 years ago
YourMamIsBack
STFU n00b
Posted by BongMan 7 years ago
BongMan
Who are you to comment upon a persons Sexual preferences?
Posted by BongMan 7 years ago
BongMan
However I feel part of the issue has been resolved. A picture of an ugly bearded guy is much better. However, I strongly disagree on this implications of con's name."

That may be that mans face!
How will you feel if he goes and kills himself?
Huh!
Posted by BongMan 7 years ago
BongMan
Why should they be banned Man! Lard is love, what an erotic and stimulating debate!
Posted by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
they might actually not be 1 person, It would be odd to say they weren't though
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
Why haven't these accounts been banned yet
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
-1..yeah
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Conduct: Pro. Con clearly lost this point with cursing and ridiculous statements.
S/G: Tied. Improvements on both sides would have been delightful.
Arguments: Pro. He clearly affirmed the resolution.
Sources: Tied. None impressed me.
Posted by uptheduffer 7 years ago
uptheduffer
Who knows Bro?
Posted by ournamestoolong 7 years ago
ournamestoolong
"I also find ournamestoolong's picture offensive as it goes again Noo Noo as referred to in our eagerly anticipated tellytubby inuendo debate"

What?
Vote Placed by rayedawg2013 7 years ago
rayedawg2013
upthedufferYourMamIsACrazyWhoreTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
upthedufferYourMamIsACrazyWhoreTied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
upthedufferYourMamIsACrazyWhoreTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
upthedufferYourMamIsACrazyWhoreTied
Vote Placed by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
upthedufferYourMamIsACrazyWhoreTied