Dan4reason
Dr.Intellegent

Late-Term Abortion is Murder

Dan4reason

Pro

I would like to start this debate on late-term abortion or abortion in the last three months of pregnancy. I will be arguing that this form of abortion is murder. My opponent will be arguing that this form of abortion is not murder.

The first round is for acceptance and definitions only.
Dr.Intellegent

Con

Abortion late or not is murder. The alarming statistics now show that an innocent, unborn child is killed by abortion every 22 seconds in the United States. It seems as though this society is uneducated about the truth about abortion and assumes that since it is legal, it must be morally acceptable as well.
RAPTUREREADY.COM
Dan4reason

Pro

"Abortion late or not is murder."

Con misunderstands the position that he has accepted in this debate. Read what I wrote:

"I would like to start this debate on late-term abortion or abortion in the last three months of pregnancy. I will be arguing that this form of abortion is murder. My opponent will be arguing that this form of abortion is not murder."

As you can see, this debate is only about late-term abortion, not about abortion in the earlier stages. Also, it is clearly stated that my opponent will be arguing that late-term abortion is not murder.

Anyway I will continue with my arguments.

Fetuses in the later stages of development have many of the characteristics that are seen in newborns. They have all the physical features such as a beating heart, a brain, hands, feet, eyes, ears, etc. They also have most of the mental features such as sentience, ability to feel pain, etc.

The requirements for life are reproduction, growth, response/reaction to environment and metabolism according to science. These fetuses have all of them. So I have established that they are living. Fetuses have human DNA so they are human. We know that newborns are people and since late-term fetuses have most of the characteristics of newborns then fetuses are also people.

Abortion therefore is the killing of innocent human people. Killing should only be used sometimes as a way to prevent a worse loss of life. Abortion when not used to save the life of the mother in the late-term is therefore murder and should never be done.
Dr.Intellegent

Con

Dr.Intellegent forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Pro

Dan4reason forfeited this round.
Dr.Intellegent

Con

Dr.Intellegent forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Pro

Dan4reason forfeited this round.
Dr.Intellegent

Con

Dr.Intellegent forfeited this round.
Posted by aiah17 3 years ago
aiah17
I agree with pro, despite that fact that I am debating against him elsewhere. I am pro-life, and I can't wait to see how this debate turns out! Good luck to both sides.