gabriel.ungacta
GrimlyF

Latter Day-Saints (Pro) vs. Nation of Islam (Con)

gabriel.ungacta has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

gabriel.ungacta

Pro

Hey guys, Im trying out a religious debate now.

I am arguing that the Latter Day-Saints (Mormonism) is more correct than the Nation of Islam.

Keep in mind that I am not a Mormon and have many disagreeances with the Mormon church and often debate Mormons.

But I decided to have a debate on which one is morally and socially better.

I will accept any challenger. :)
GrimlyF

Con

I have problems with my P.C. and can type only in ordinary font and use capitals.(for emphasis only) I also can't make paragraphs so please bear with me.............My religion is based on over a millenium of belief whilst yours is the product of a succession of snake-oil salesmen.My faith is based on reverence of my God and the prophets.Yours is the result of a men- only club interested only in lust.I live my life by following the teachings of the Qur'an and the Hadiths.Your life is ruled by self-interest,greed and sex.Your "Saints" and "Apostles" are ludicrous.
gabriel.ungacta

Pro

Keep in mind that I am NOT a Mormon and I just want to debate between which one is better morally and spiritually.

First of all, Mormonism was around since the 1830s, the Nation of Islam was from the 1930s.

Second Mormonism has membership past the 10 million mark, the Nation of Islam barely has 10 thousand.

Also the Latter Day-Saints help more with the community (community service, missionary work,etc.) the Nation of Islam just talks and drills.

Mormons are friendlier and more caring about people whether in the church or not, the Nation of Islam believes that blacks are superior and that whites are devils.

Finally Mormons talk more about God more, even though they mention Joseph Smith in the teachings most of the time. But the Nation of Islam always talks about Elijah Muhammad as if he were God (more on that in my next argument.

I am done with my argument now and i will allow you to state your case.
GrimlyF

Con

Your statements are utter twaddle but I suppose I must answer them.Very well.....................No1.Islam was established in the 7th century and by the 8th century had an Empire that stretched from Spain to China..................No2. There are currently (by the latest figures) 1.6 billion Muslims.................No3.Muslims give 2.5% of their income to the government to supply alms to the needy and the laws of Islam (read the Hadiths not just the Koran) state that we must aid our fellow men when we can...........No4.This is an opinion not a fact.There are many Hadith governing the laws of hospitality and they encompass all.A non-believer or a believer will be treated with the same hospitality and respect because that is the Law.As I am neither black nor coloured why would I believe black people are superior?." Whites are devils"?.Would I allow a devil to walk my streets,to enter my house?.Read the Hadith concerning the treatment of evil men............No5.Again an opinion.It may be true that Mormons speak ceaselessly about their "God".My God is not in my mouth but in my heart and in my thoughts.My God has shown me the path to Paradise not to the accumulation of riches and earthly things.Islam does not regard Muhammad as a God but as the greatest of the Prophets...............Please note that I have not as yet traduced Mormanism.........but I will......
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 week ago
Dirty-Morgs
I am a LDS (Mormon) I love community service and helping but to the left I am evil I am Latino

Left says Mormon= racist

Left says Latino= can't be racist

I can't be both

Wait forgot I was a republican I don't count as a real Latino anymore
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 week ago
Dirty-Morgs

Left says Mormon= racist

Left says Latino= can't be racist

I can't be both

Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 week ago
gabriel.ungacta
I will reset terminate this debate and reopen it but you don't have to debate if you don't want to.
Posted by GrimlyF 1 week ago
GrimlyF
If you'd like to re-set the debate I will try to find something, anything, good in my beloved N.O.I.
Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 week ago
gabriel.ungacta
And I do have to apologize as well for not letting you know about the Nation of Islam. I should have put information to let people know of the group so they can clearly have an understanding of the argument.
Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 week ago
gabriel.ungacta
So I guess we should end this debate I suppose?
Posted by GrimlyF 1 week ago
GrimlyF
The mists part and all becomes clear.I apologise for my obtuseness and my comments denigrating your argument.It has been approx; 3yrs since I last studied and debated the Nation so I will take this day to dig out and upgrade my notes.Again my apologies.( I wondered why you named Muhammad "Elijah").In my own (rather pitiful) defence I would explain that I am English living in England so when we hear "Nation of Islam" we think of various Middle Eastern countries and not American cults.
Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 week ago
gabriel.ungacta
Wait, are you a Sunni Muslim or a member of the Nation of Islam? I am not debating against mainstream Islam. I am debating against the group called "Nation of Islam". Look them up and tell me if you are representing Sunni Islam or the Nation of Islam because if not I will have to terminate this debate.
Posted by GrimlyF 1 week ago
GrimlyF
I don't believe you.I shall forfeit.
Posted by gabriel.ungacta 1 week ago
gabriel.ungacta
I am sorry, I will be more professional in my next argument.