judeifeanyi
Jonbonbon

Law making should be made part-time business

Jonbonbon

judeifeanyi

Pro

Indeed, law making should be made part-time because of the amount of money permanent nature runs
Jonbonbon

Con

First of all, it already is a public business, as in the career politicians do this for a living.

Second of all, if we privatized law making, our country would fall into shambles. Can you imagine what would happen if someone like Lady Gaga got into that business? Everyone would be required to be born in egg casings on stage, and anyone who didn't comply would be executed. The US population would go on a steady decline.

There are so many opposing views in this country that if laws just started being made, you could do something totally legal and receive the death penalty from a different law.

We would fall into chaos.
judeifeanyi

Pro

Ok..you don't even understand the motion before you start arguing..you have succeeded in exposing your own weaknesses by explaining what does not relate to the motion at hand and with this, I think think am ahead of this argument..now ponder on the motion, when I said law-making should be made a part time business, I meant that our legislatures should work as part-time workers not on full time basis because of the amount of money been paid to this legislature..my major reason is this, that law- making should be made part time and the legislatures should be paid based on the number of sitting and debate they debated in passing of bills in house of assembly and senate..so instead of the permanent nature, we should adopt the part-time law..atleast 46 states in u.s.a are using part-time legislatures. Source:CNN, THE PUNCH and google
Jonbonbon

Con

You should've clarified that for me. You just said law making should be made a part-time business. Your resolution should've been something like "People should not be allowed to be career politicians" or something more polished. I totally didn't understand what you mean. Since you didn't set a premise for the resolution, we are arguing under my premise since we can't change it half way through. Have fun figuring out some arguments.
judeifeanyi

Pro

Maybe you should understand the motion before you start arguing..thats not withstanding, i still maintain that law making should be made a part time business so that law makers will only be paid based on the number of sittings..also, their should be a cut spending so that if the amount of money is been reduced, the money will be used to solve other social, political, and economic problem in the state
Jonbonbon

Con

My opponent failed to define the debate. I defined it for him. There are no standing arguments against me, and there are no standing arguments for my opponent. There is no possible way for my opponent to win. Thank you for reading.
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Haha thank you, I do enjoy making a debate work in my favor without me actually having to do anything :P
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Jonbonbon, you truly are a master of the cheap win. I am in no way implying I don't frequently engage in the same thing. I'm just applauding you.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
judeifeanyiJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Jonbonbon's arguments were never refuted.
Vote Placed by TheOncomingStorm 3 years ago
TheOncomingStorm
judeifeanyiJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't define the debate, so conduct goes to con. S&G goes to con. Technically con's last round is correct so arguments go to her. No one used sources.