Grenspal
BonoboMoon

Laws Are Set For Our Benefit

Grenspal

Pro

My opponent must be able to pose a decent argument with only his/her own reasoning, not with evidence provided by sources. I wish to challenge my opponent's skills, not their researching abilities.
BonoboMoon

Con

Laws are not set for our benefit.
Seeing as you don't want to use evidence provided by sources, I'll use a personal experience.

A few years ago, my friends and I were bored and looking for something to do. It was around the time when it gets dark outside and we had just gotten a pizza from Little Caesars. We pulled into a parking lot, not knowing it was a park. We started eating our pizza, and within literally a minute the police were tapping on our windows asking us what we were doing. They told us we were on park property and that we were trespassing. They then continued to say that the car smelled like marijuana, which at the time I had no clue there was marijuana in the car. They said they were going to charge us with trespassing unless we let them search the car. Not knowing about my friend's drug problem, I had no problem with it. After they went through the entire car, they found a marijuana pipe with a little bit of residue in it wrapped up in some shirts in a bag in the back of the trunk. The driver was given a possession charge and my other friend and I were given usage charges, just for being in the car with him. I don't know if the driver smoked before he picked us up, but I was sober.

How does it benefit me getting threatened with trespassing charges, instead of asking us to eat our food elsewhere, and then accusing me of using drugs because the driver had some? I ended up paying around half a grand ($500) for the whole ordeal, and all I did was park in the wrong spot. Over 500 dollars and misdemeanor for being parked and eating a pizza.
This does not benefit people.
Grenspal

Pro

Grenspal forfeited this round.
BonoboMoon

Con

Round 2 goes to me by default. Let's hope you say something in Round 3
Grenspal

Pro

Grenspal forfeited this round.
BonoboMoon

Con

Round 3 goes to me! Do you have anything to say?
Grenspal

Pro

Grenspal forfeited this round.
BonoboMoon

Con

Vote for me!!
Grenspal

Pro

Grenspal forfeited this round.
BonoboMoon

Con

BonoboMoon forfeited this round.
Posted by BonoboMoon 1 year ago
BonoboMoon
vote for me to help my ELO :)

and kcuf the legal system.
They're just landlocked pirates who make up bogus laws and fines for their personal gain
Posted by Emmarie 1 year ago
Emmarie
great point - sorry you had to go thru this ordeal. my son a had similar ordeal