MasturDbtor
Khana

Laws Concerning Indecent Exposure Should Be Made Strictly At The Local Level

MasturDbtor

Pro

There is no compelling reason for this issue to be decided at the state level, and much less so at the federal level.

Simply, if you are in one town and another person is in a completely different town you can't see them, so you have no interest and therefore ought to have no stake in what that person is allowed to wear in public in their own town.

If you don't have to see it you have no business making a law about it, because it can't disturb you unless you choose to go visit the other town in which case you've tacitly accepted to put up with seeing what ever is allowed to be shown while you are there by choosing to visit.

Likewise say you're a nudist and you want nudity to be legal. It's fine for your town to legalize it, but to impose on other communities in the state through the state legislature that they all must allow it infringes on the rights of people living in other communities who may have different preferences about what they are OK with seeing other people wearing/showing.
Khana

Con

Good morning :D *yawns*

So, since there's no structure, I'm going to mimic you. Seems like you just have a summary of your position, so...

I'll be defending this stance. I feel that the laws concerning the idea of indecent exposure should be handled at the state or federal level (which one depending on how separate the state "should" be from the country). I also want it made quite clear on the acceptance round that I intend to defend that such laws absolutely should maintain provisions for exceptions for individual areas. Such as, if an area wishes to be nudist, then it should be able to apply at the state/federal level for the previously mentioned exception.

Beyond that, I have a question. How Do you want to structure things? R2 for primary argument, R3 and R4 for rebuttals to previous rounds, then R5 for summarizing our own side of the debate / clarification? Your call :)
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Khana

Con

Well, that's disappointing.

Vote Con, then. I wonder if I'll ever get through a full debate XD
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Khana

Con

Vote Con, guess I win :/
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Khana

Con

Vote Con :)
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
Khana

Con

That's all, folks. Vote Con
Posted by Grizzman2012 4 years ago
Grizzman2012
Khana i think u should give a man a compliment if he pulls his penis out to u. Be happy that a male no matter what country they are in is willing to show u what he's got.
Posted by Khana 4 years ago
Khana
Aww, man... I was really looking forward to this one :(
Posted by Khana 4 years ago
Khana
Going to bed now, will write and post in the morning :)
Posted by MasturDbtor 4 years ago
MasturDbtor
Khana, that would work.
Posted by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
Lol...

this kind of logic can equate to almost no laws at all.

Such as "This is my house - you will never be in my house. Hence, laws that you make do not need to apply to my house"

and then do whatever the fvk you want.
Posted by Khana 4 years ago
Khana
Well, exceptions like nudist towns.

Basically, were I to accept the debate, I'd argue that the law should certainly permit unusual preferences, such as nudism, but should not be handled, legally, on a local basis. It should be handled at the state/federal level.

If that's sufficiently opposed to your stance, then I'll take up the debate :)
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
Couldn't this logic be applied to many different laws?
Posted by MasturDbtor 4 years ago
MasturDbtor
1. What would those special exceptions be?
2. To Cody, personally I think there shouldn't be either but I also think it's inappropriate for states or the federal government to enforce that there shouldn't be. You'd have to argue persuasively for why the states or federal government ought to have the power to overrule local communities that want to have these laws.
Posted by Khana 4 years ago
Khana
I'm not 100% I follow your point... 99%, maybe, but not enough to challenge you yet :P

If I were to argue that indecent exposure laws should be Handled at the federal level, but should have provisions for individual areas to, on approval, be granted special exceptions in certain cases, would that suffice for a Con position? 'Cause I feel that it should be addressed on the federal level. At the same time, I feel there should be a means by which local areas can seek exemptions.

If so, I'll take you up :)
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Can I say that there shouldn't be formal laws at all regarding this?