LeBron James will never be a top ten player in NBA history

Started: 11/9/2015 Category: Sports

I will not deny that LeBron James is a terrific player. However, LeBron James is most definitely not a top 10 player in NBA history.

I gladly accept this debate.

Pro's resolution appears to be highly assertive, and it states that LeBron James will *never* be one of the top ten players in NBA history.

The problem with this resolution is simply the fact that one could not use even the greatest method of predicting the future since we do not know what will happen later down the road. There is a chance that he could not be one of the top 10 as of now, but there is no reliable future predicting evidence that can support such a resolution, thus, it's negated.

There is evidence that LeBron James will not be in the top ten in the future. First of all look at his stats. For his career he averages 27.3 points, 7.1 rebounds, 6.9 assists etc. Those are good stats but he will not be able to keep them through his whole career. He is going to decline at some point. He's going on 31 so he has only a few years left in his prime. Michael Jordan declined averaging only 18.5 points per game in his last two seasons compared to his career average of 30.1. So, statistically, LeBron James will decline.

LeBron James is also hyped up by the media for a large reason. The media wants to see another Michael Jordan. Since Jordan, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, and now LeBron James have been compared to Michael Jordan as being the GOAT. My point to this is that when, for example, Kobe Bryant was in his prime, he was hyped up to be like Michael Jordan. However, towards the end of his career, he is not as popular anymore and has declined in charts and opinions. Since LeBron James has not declined yet, his popularity has stayed at its peak and it will stay that high until he declines. Bleacher Report ranks LeBron James at number six all time (1) and Encyclopedia Britannica actually says that LeBron James is the greatest player of all time. (2) This will not be the same when LeBron James declines.

I extend all arguments.

With my K, I have clearly demonstrated that you can no predict the future directly. Even if he isn't Top 10 material as of now, it is *still* unreasonable to say that he will never be one of the top 10 best NBA players. Current stats cannot be used to produce an exact sight of the future.

The central problem with a resolution such as this is that it runs into truism. Stating that LeBron James will never be a top ten player in NBA history is a very self confident claim in and of itself and is impossible to prove correct. You must show that there is a 100% chance that he will never be one of the top ten players, and in addition, that he will be unable to win more championships that would give him a chance to be one of the top ten.

Your arguments haven't proven to me that he will declone as well.

First off, you are basing what might happen to LeBron James off of would happened with Michael Jordan, which is making assumptions. You should never base one person's stats off of another person's stats. Michael Jordan is *not* LeBron James.

Secondly, stating that he is not as popular as he used to be is only showing his current state, and since you did not properly show how he could decline, we don't truly know whether or not he will become popular again.

Your arguments as a whole don't convince me that LeBron James will never be one of the top ten NBA players of all time.

Summary of your arguments-

Michael Jordan declined in terms of ranking
LeBron James is not as popular as he used to be

and so.....

-----> LeBron James will never be one of the top 10 NBA players because of (?) reason.

Without the evidence to prove he has no chance of being one of the top ten, my kritik stands and remains unrefuted.

BronsonC forfeited this round.

BronsonC forfeited this round.

BronsonC forfeited this round.

I extend all arguments.

I have sufficiently debunked my opponent's arguments and negated the resolution using my kritik and my opponent has forfeited rounds 3-5.

For the reasons above, vote Con.
Posted by bigpimpin69 11 months ago
Micheal Jordan declined at the end of his career, however he is still considered the best ever. Therefor I believe LeBron can do the same.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 10 months ago