Duncan
fuckboysteve101

League of Legends: Demacia vs. Noxus

Started: 9/30/2015 Category: Games

Duncan

Pro

Hello all, this is a debate on which of the two most prominent factions in Runeterra would win if they went to war like they have been on the verge of for decades. I don't care much for formality, this is just a fun debate and I'll only leave one restriction: By default, we'll assume this is one on one,but you're free to call on allies for Noxus, in which case Demacia may do the same. First round will just be acceptance, as well as space to clarify if you have any further questions.

-Duncan
fuckboysteve101

Con

noxus wins beacuse urgot is op and the best champ in the game but no one knows so they dont ban him and then the enemey pick and we loose my team noob gg get reported
Duncan

Pro

First up, are you playing season 2 or something? Urgot's not the beat he used to be. Now Garen, he's the frontrunner of the Juggernaut patch. He's the one seeing bans in the Worlds.

On the actual debate: While Noxus focus on the strength of the individual, this selfish attitude means they'll be less effective in groups and on a large scale won't have the same degree of teamwork that Demacia's highly trained soldiers enjoy. Soldiers from Demacia are all experienced since every civilian has at least basic army experience and focus on consistency instead of power. Demacia also doesn't suffer the same level of instability which Noxus has; it doesn't have secret orders vying for power like LeBlanc's or the power struggle between Swain and his colleague's which slows Noxus down considerably.

In terms of the champions who will most likely be leading these armies, most of the Noxians aren't soldiers, they're assassins, and their usage lies not in full scale battles, but covert operations.
Matchups then: The Noxians most likely to fight would be Darius, Urgot, Sion, Draven and Morgana, since Katarina and Talon suffer greatly fighting multiple targets, while pretty much every Demacian champion would take the battlefield, including Jarvan IV. Garen's the one who first rendered Urgot in need of augmention, so he can do it again. Sion and Vladimir are (well Vlad's not really undead but he'd be affected by holy weapons) undead, so you can bank on both Lucian and Vayne being able to bring him down with ease. Draven's skill lies in his juggling axes technique, a difficult one to manage when Valour is gouging your eyes out. Morgana would most likely try to either assist the other Noxians, or hunt out Kayle above all else, which suits Kayle's interventional ability fine, as she can counter either approach. Cassiopeia would seem to be a strong addition to the Noxian ranks, but Quinn's blind would block her from gazing, and her limited range leaves her susceptible to arrow fire from Noxians. Even if those matchups change during the fight, you still have Galio, Poppy, Lux, Xin Zhao, Fiora, Shyvana and Sona evening the odds.

The Demacian army outmatches the Noxian equivalent, and even Swain's tactical prowess can't hold against the vast number of Demacian strategists, who have already been able to perform raids on Noxus (when rescuing Xin) mean that an assault on Noxus itself would hardly pose a challenge, and the champions who would lead these battles leans in favour of the more battle ready Demacians as well. Yeah, the intense magic usage would ravage Runeterra again, but Demacia would still have a victory on their hands, however destructive.

On a short side note, if you by chance miss the round (it happens to the best of us), just post it in the comments and I'll be sure to check. PM me if there's anything further to clarify.

Until then, see you all next round,

-Duncan
fuckboysteve101

Con

fuckboysteve101 forfeited this round.
fuckboysteve101

Con

fuckboysteve101 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Duncan forfeited this round.
fuckboysteve101

Con

fuckboysteve101 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Pro

Duncan forfeited this round.
fuckboysteve101

Con

fuckboysteve101 forfeited this round.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
Unfortunately, I've kind of shown my hand by writing my entire argument out.
Posted by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
If you want to re-do it poke me in like a week to remind me that I said I'd be interested.
Posted by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
Maybe in a few weeks after midterms have died down and I've had time to brush up on my lore, I'd be tempted to do this with you if you wanted.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
I took a moment to visit my opponent's account. By it being closed and the only other information tied to it being some deliberately divisive comments, I guess this debate is over. Oh well.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
Oh yeah, Lucidity boots.
Posted by Vexalon 2 years ago
Vexalon
Nah...I was thinking about Ionia and Noxus.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
Hold on Vexalon, do you mean a Summoner's Rift game? The League of Legends does impose restrictions upon champions; for example, Xerath in lore terms is made of pure power, making him one of the most powerful champions only rivaled by ascendant beings such as Azir or Syndra.

Also, excellent point made by Seismologic, I can't use it in the debate since you've put it here though.
Posted by Vexalon 2 years ago
Vexalon
I believe RITO already had a gameto determine the winner between the two behemoth factions!
Posted by Seismologic 2 years ago
Seismologic
dude should be obvious..... DEMACIAAAAA!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!