ScrinTech
Theskerlo

League of Legends is Superior to DotA (Original or New)

Started: 4/2/2014 Category: Games

ScrinTech

Pro

Welcome to the Debate fellow League of Legends, and Defense of the Ancients Fans, And Even People who are here for other various reasons.

Pro will be for LoL, while Con for DotA

Rounds

• 1st Round Acceptance
  • 2nd Round Posting Arguments
  • 3rd Round Posting Arguments
  • 4th Round Rebbutuals
  • 5th Round Conclusions

I look forward to a good debate.

Theskerlo

Con

Ok, first of all, Dota 2 has all of there champions FREE, unlike League of Legends where you have to either pay for their champions or play for a tremendous amount of time to get enough points to get even one champion. Now onto the maps, the lanes in LoL are pretty much simple and boring, but in Dota 2, the top lane is vastly different from the bottom lane in Dota 2. Each side has one lane, that allows pulling of creeps to neutral camps (gaining more XP by killing neutral camps early and denying some XP to your opponent because the neutrals kill some of your creeps in the process), but it is also much easier to gank this lane (where a jungler usually is if the team decides to have one). In LoL, the lanes are oversimplified and pretty much the same.
ScrinTech

Pro

VERSES

I believe the part of "1st Round- Acceptance" means you state 'I accept' but enough of this let's get into the real issues.

I'd like to start off with the fact that I'm not as fond of League of Legends as I am Defense of the Ancients yes, I admit I do like DotA better than LoL which is the reason I made this. I wanted to be able to see if I can defend the opposite of the side I originally wanted.

Community

To beginners league is the perfect stepping-stone and perhaps the ultimate home for professional MOBA or (Multiplayer-Online-Battle-Arena) players. League censors out swearing as it only will promote violence and anger in people. Defense of the Ancients does not, which promotes violence, anger, and arrogance in people who play DotA. In Defense of the Ancients people blame their team more than any other game, instead of finding a conclusive way to work together elaborately. While DotA promotes Arrogance, LoL promotes constructive teamwork.

Updates

League of Legends is updating all the time. [1] DotA however barely ever updates, and when DotA updates it’s normally not for heroes but for patches. League of Legends has far more ‘Champion’ Updates than Defense of the Ancients does.[2] When a new hero is released in DotA 2 that hero is usually unbalanced, whereas some league heroes are balanced.
Links:

[1]: http://na.leagueoflegends.com...

[2]: http://www.dota2.com...

Lane Phase

Whereas Defense of the Ancients allows body-blocking, denies, pulls, and stacks League of Legends doesn’t. However League makes up for this flaw with Quick Exp, and Gold. League gives off a significant amount of Gold per second and EXP per second, that being said, the towers do a huge amount of damage and have an unparalleled attack speed, once locked on, and you’re basically dead, allowing an easier first blood

Mid Phase

Not much is said about the mid-phase for both games, while In League most are pushing, DotA 2 players could be befalling the great and powerful Roshan, and League players can befall the Great and powerful Barron.

“End” Phase

It’s basically the same thing for both games, both teams are trying to take out the Tier 3 Towers and win the game for the side they’re supporting.

On to you Con.

Theskerlo

Con

Theskerlo forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Pro

Pro Forfeited, Extend all arguments.
Theskerlo

Con

Theskerlo forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Pro

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Theskerlo

Con

Theskerlo forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Pro

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Theskerlo

Con

Theskerlo forfeited this round.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Therskelo I was also referring to the original Defense of the Ancients which is a Mod for War Craft III: Frozen Throne
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Therskelo 1st round Acceptance. No arguments, Kind of standard
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Theskerlo I wish you luck but for now I must bid you adieu
Posted by Dennybug 3 years ago
Dennybug
I already made this debate...why copy it? and take the opposite side.
Posted by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
What a coincidence. Someone already instigated this debate and has taken the side of Con. You should accept his debate.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Titereus 3 years ago
Titereus
League is better.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Zaradi aww man don't be like that
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
I'm tempted to devil's advocate, but I think I'll pass.