wethepeople_cn
Tuckzer

Learning a Foreign Language in High School and Colleges Requiring it.

wethepeople_cn

Con

High school students shouldn't be required to learn a foreign language in high school and colleges shouldn't require it. Most students who take a foreign language in high school don't actually want to take the class, because of this students will feel pressured and already have a negative attitude before taking the class. The pressure that is applied by high schools and colleges can hurt students' GPA's and regress their abilities to learn a foreign language in other ways. In cases were students are getting A's in these classes they still will not likely be able to speak the language of their choice fluently. It would be more practical to allow students to take other electives. If students want to learn a foreign language they should have the choice as an elective and colleges shouldn't expect it or require it. English is the most widely spoken language in the world and is considered a universal language. If most students of other countries are learning English then why should we be forced to take a guess at what language we will need when most people we encounter will already speak English.
Tuckzer

Pro

Thank you for accepting me in this exciting debate.

To begin today's debate, let me just state that my opponent has made assumptions. For example, my opponent assumed that most students *does not want* to take classes for foreign language. My opponent does not provide us any sort of evidence to support his assumption. Therefore, it is just merely an assumption only.

Other than that, my opponent also assumed that students that take this classes *will also not* be able to speak it fluently. This is offensive to every students that tried their best in foreign language classes and every education system of every country. Moreover, my opponent have not given us any sort of evidence to support his assumption. Therefore, it is also just merely an assumption made by my opponent.

After analysing my opponent's speech, it is with great honour that I continue our debate by stating the reasons why it is required to take foreign language classes during our time in high schools and colleges. Based on The Journal, speaking a second(foreign) language can greatly increase an average worker's salary by "3,000 a year, or "145,000 in a lifetime. This is excellent for every working person and every family in the world if we wanted to earn more money. This is also required for poor families to make a change for the better in their lives. To prove my point, here is the source of my first point- http://www.thejournal.co.uk...

Besides that, based on a study carried out by business journalist Philip Beresford, who compiles the Sunday Times Rich List, someone with a foreign language may be seen as both more intelligent and sexier than other people. Therefore, by learning a foreign language, we increase our chances in finding love. Moreover, love is beneficial to our emotions and increases our productivity in work. Therefore, it is required to learn a foreign language during our time in high schools and colleges. To prove my point, here is the source of my second point- http://news.bbc.co.uk...

In conclusion, we need to stop being close-minded and stop assuming that other countries are *only* learning English. Instead, we need to start learning foreign languages to ensure a better future for you, for me, and for everyone. Therefore, learning foreign languages are required during high schools and colleges.
wethepeople_cn

Con

wethepeople_cn forfeited this round.
Tuckzer

Pro

My opponent has undoubtedly forfeited the second round of this debate. Thus, we will await my opponent's rebuttal in the third round. Therefore, I have won this round. :D
wethepeople_cn

Con

wethepeople_cn forfeited this round.
Tuckzer

Pro

My opponent has undoubtedly forfeited the third round of this debate. Thus, we will await my opponent's rebuttal in the forth round. Therefore, I have won this round. :D
wethepeople_cn

Con

wethepeople_cn forfeited this round.
Tuckzer

Pro

In conclusion, learning foreign languages are required during our time in high schools and colleges
Posted by Paleophyte 1 year ago
Paleophyte
"Cumpli" su curso de Espa"ol de nuevo?