ishaninis
Jedd

Learning english using homeland language is good

ishaninis

Pro

I Think learn english using our local language is good because it can make us easy to understand what the lecturer is trying to say . It also can save our time because we dont hv to find other time to make a revision or buy another books as reference .
Jedd

Con

I think you should define the topic more. If you totally do not know the language, such as learning a new language entirely, then definitely the only way to go is to refer to your native language. But here, I think it shows that if the lecturer speaks English, you still somehow understand what he is saying. Do you listen to English media, read English books? Because if not, the lecturer talking is all the English you're going to hear. Not hearing a language when learning it is as good as being deaf.

Also, revision is hard, I can relate, but it's a prerequisite to learning, especially academically. Put your effort into it, do some revision every day, and for sure you can excel in English. It's one of the easiest languages to learn, why else would it be our international language today?
ishaninis

Pro

ishaninis forfeited this round.
Jedd

Con

So my answer is no. Learning English, you should be exposed to English, listening to English.

10 minutes is too little a time span for arguments though.
ishaninis

Pro

ishaninis forfeited this round.
Jedd

Con

Jedd forfeited this round.
ishaninis

Pro

ishaninis forfeited this round.
Jedd

Con

Jedd forfeited this round.
ishaninis

Pro

ishaninis forfeited this round.
Jedd

Con

Jedd forfeited this round.
Posted by RavenDebater 1 year ago
RavenDebater
This seems like an interesting topic...is this perhaps setting a native language for our nation? While this seems interesting, I can't really discern what the resolution is, nor your argument for it. I request clarification to highlight what your position, as well as this resolution, pertains to.